Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

www.flyingcompass.com

www.flyingcompass.com

Old Nov 14th 2002, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

paul39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default www.flyingcompass.com

Does anybody know whether the flyingcompass website has been disconnected, i've haven't been able to access it for the last week.
Old Nov 14th 2002, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: www.flyingcompass.com

Originally posted by paul39
Does anybody know whether the flyingcompass website has been disconnected, i've haven't been able to access it for the last week.
Hi

I have been trying it for the last couple of weeks and been unable to get through, it was not very busy so perhaps it has now gone.
Old Nov 14th 2002, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by paul39

flying compass is no more, I have e-mailed Nige to find out, as we have been having the same problem. He thinks it is due to the sponsors.
Old Nov 14th 2002, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Flying Compass sponsors withdrew their support, so Andy has had to close the site down. However, one of the posters (and a mine of very useful and helpful information) from the site, Nige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.
Old Nov 15th 2002, 8:15 am
Just Joined

sustooz is an unknown quantity at this point

We were also trying but in doing so found this other site with some interesting stuff. cheers
www.lets-perth.com
Old Nov 15th 2002, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Christian S is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][i]
. However, one of the posters (and a minNige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.
[/QUOTE

Well I really wouldnt bother with a disscussion forum on this guy Nige's site, I used to look in on the flying compass site and found Nige to be very rude to people with opinions that differed from his own, God help us all, lol

Christian
Old Nov 16th 2002, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Christian S
[i]
. However, one of the posters (and a minNige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.
[/QUOTE

Well I really wouldnt bother with a disscussion forum on this guy Nige's site, I used to look in on the flying compass site and found Nige to be very rude to people with opinions that differed from his own, God help us all, lol

Christian
I speak as I find, Christian. Nige has been very, very helpful to me (although we eventually went to Brisbane, not Perth) and is in fact coming over to Brisbane in the New Year and will hopefully join us for a BBQ... Many many others who made it to Perth have also found his free advice and help very useful...
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 11:17 pm
Nige_deported

Red face Oops you've done it again

Hot gossip from the Department of Immigration - new visa class for Nige - 'back to where you came from visa' a new website will no doubt be created suggested names are:

gone.com
deported.com
byebyeaussie.com
businessvisadropout.com
'twat' a Nige favourite'.com

We love him and will miss him - send us a postcard - NOT!

From all your devoted viewers.