British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   www.flyingcompass.com (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/www-flyingcompass-com-117402/)

paul39 Nov 14th 2002 12:57 pm

www.flyingcompass.com

Does anybody know whether the flyingcompass website has been disconnected, i've haven't been able to access it for the last week.

hollywood110 Nov 14th 2002 1:20 pm

Re: www.flyingcompass.com

Originally posted by paul39
Does anybody know whether the flyingcompass website has been disconnected, i've haven't been able to access it for the last week.

Hi

I have been trying it for the last couple of weeks and been unable to get through, it was not very busy so perhaps it has now gone.

abergas Nov 14th 2002 3:39 pm

Originally posted by paul39

flying compass is no more, I have e-mailed Nige to find out, as we have been having the same problem. He thinks it is due to the sponsors.

pommiesheila Nov 14th 2002 10:29 pm

Flying Compass sponsors withdrew their support, so Andy has had to close the site down. However, one of the posters (and a mine of very useful and helpful information) from the site, Nige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.

sustooz Nov 15th 2002 8:15 am

We were also trying but in doing so found this other site with some interesting stuff. cheers
www.lets-perth.com

Christian S Nov 15th 2002 11:03 am

[QUOTE][i]
. However, one of the posters (and a minNige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.
[/QUOTE

Well I really wouldnt bother with a disscussion forum on this guy Nige's site, I used to look in on the flying compass site and found Nige to be very rude to people with opinions that differed from his own, God help us all, lol

Christian

pommiesheila Nov 16th 2002 1:06 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Christian S

[i]
. However, one of the posters (and a minNige, is hoping to start up a similar site, called www.pomsinperth.com" so perhaps it's worth giving him your support to get a discussion forum up and running on this site.
[/QUOTE

Well I really wouldnt bother with a disscussion forum on this guy Nige's site, I used to look in on the flying compass site and found Nige to be very rude to people with opinions that differed from his own, God help us all, lol

Christian
I speak as I find, Christian. Nige has been very, very helpful to me (although we eventually went to Brisbane, not Perth) and is in fact coming over to Brisbane in the New Year and will hopefully join us for a BBQ... Many many others who made it to Perth have also found his free advice and help very useful...

Nige_deported Nov 22nd 2002 11:17 pm

Oops you've done it again

Hot gossip from the Department of Immigration - new visa class for Nige - 'back to where you came from visa' a new website will no doubt be created suggested names are:

gone.com
deported.com
byebyeaussie.com
businessvisadropout.com
'twat' a Nige favourite'.com

We love him and will miss him - send us a postcard - NOT!

From all your devoted viewers.