Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

written an email to Adelaide

written an email to Adelaide

Old Nov 10th 2003, 6:49 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy written an email to Adelaide

As it is aproaching the half way point we decided to type a little email to see if our application was is the safe hands ov a case officer...........

this is what the reply said........

Your application has not been allocated to a case officer as yet.

You will sent correspondence once it has been allocated.

Regards
ASPC

Boomie
xx
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Sent them one the Thursday before last asking the following:

"1. I have been in Australia for over a year. At the time of submitting application I hadn't and didn't include Australian PCC, do you want one now ? What about my husband who has not lived here continuously for 12 months ?

2. Is there anything outstanding on our application that you need ?

3. I have misplaced my Letter of Acknowledgement. Please send me another copy."

Got a standard auto-response sayng" Anything that can be answered by reading this E-mail or Booklet 6 will not be responded to."

Read Booklet 6 which makes no mention of PCC's when resident in a country (I KNOW you need one if you've lived a country for more than 12 months but wanted to use this as a way of stimualting a response) and it ISN'T actually mentioned in Booklet 6.

Anyway got no further response (not even another copy of my LOA) and finally phoned last Friday to ask why. Got a very abrupt man who told me that my medical and PCC forms would be sent to me when the Case Officer was ready.

We applied on Visa Class 139 in August and everyone else on wwww.austimeline who applied after us has been sent for medicals already. I am getting slightly fed up and thinking of going for medicals now.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:34 am
owieb

Originally posted by Sunlover
We applied on Visa Class 139 in August and everyone else on wwww.austimeline who applied after us has been sent for medicals already. I am getting slightly fed up and thinking of going for medicals now.

We applied August 2002, were asked for medicals in May 2003, sent those in June 2003 and we are still waiting to hear.

It does say that the processing takes at least 12 months and not to contact them as it delays the processing.

Why do so many people find the need to contact ASPC after only a few months?

Last edited by owieb; Nov 10th 2003 at 8:56 am.

Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

It is all the fault of Adelaide making promises they fail to keep!
139 visa's are supposedly fast-tracked 12 to 16 weeks but you are lucky if you get your acknowledgement within that time frame
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:33 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default sorry.......

I think that I've upset some peeps by emailin adelaide......... but for those who have already recieved their meds or visa grant.......... please remember how you felt day in day out waiting .......... the frustration builds up as the weeks pass by.

I've been a poster on here quite a while now and have chatted to many through their ups n down......... many of whom have now begun their new life.......... and my best mukka rossi who is about to go pretty soon....... fingers crossed hey paul

So I must be patient, there is light .............

so sorry guys

Boomie
xx
Old Nov 10th 2003, 7:45 pm
plumber39

Remember Boomerang your not the only one!
26wk,s and counting!
we'll get there in the end.
At least my house problem is keeping my mind off visa!

All the best plum!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by owieb
We applied August 2002, were asked for medicals in May 2003, sent those in June 2003 and we are still waiting to hear.

It does say that the processing takes at least 12 months and not to contact them as it delays the processing.

Because we are on a different visa class to you ! The estimated time for your visa class is 52 weeks. The estimated time for our visa class is 16 weeks. So when you get to week 12 and haven't even been sent for medicals yet (and everyone else has) you do get a bit worried.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:25 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Because we are on a different visa class to you ! The estimated time for your visa class is 52 weeks. The estimated time for our visa class is 16 weeks. So when you get to week 12 and haven't even been sent for medicals yet (and everyone else has) you do get a bit worried.

I know waiting in the UK can be difficult. But you are still only 3/4 of the way thorugh into your time frame and I guess they will work to get yours completed by 16 weeks. I went through the London/office and not counting time for skills assessment I waited 18 months for my visa. I only contacted them when I moved house to inform them of my change of address.

I always thought if they had to pull your file out to look at it, it might end up losing its place in the pile!!

Once I had a case oficer assigned things speeded up, but I think patience has to be observer, no point disgruntling them. What would you do if you told someone you would complete a job in 16 weeks and they kept mithering you at 12 weeks? I'd think impatient sod, they can wait their 16 weeks now

Isn't 16 weeks the time to process your application, not necessarily get your visa in 16 weeks?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 5:11 am
owieb

Like you say it's an estimate timescale, they don't guarentee that you'll have it in 16 weeks. Everybodys case is different, some are quicker, some are slower.

I honestly don't believe that they have processed everyone elses 139 in 12 weeks and yours is just sitting on it's own!?!

I'm sure if there was any problems they would be in touch with you to get them sorted.

Loads of people have got their 136 visa's quicker than I've got mine and I contacted my agent about it and they said that there's not much they can do. I have thought about contacting ASPC, but as many other people have posted the response that they get isn't very encouraging and I'd rather not wind ASPC up too much.

If I read your post correctly you're already in Australia? I sometimes think that maybe that's why my visa is taking so long, because I'm already here and there's no rush to have a new one issued?

Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by owieb

If I read your post correctly you're already in Australia? I sometimes think that maybe that's why my visa is taking so long, because I'm already here and there's no rush to have a new one issued?
Yes we are already in Australia and I have also wondered whether this retards ASPC's sense of urgency.

The thing they don't seem to realise is that your life is as much in limbo as anyone waiting in the UK or anywhere else. We don't want to apply for a mortgage, buy a house or even ship the rest of our household goods over until we have the visas in case we don't get them.

In fact you are probably in an even greater state of limbo, because if you are waiting in the UK and you don't get your visas you just carry on with your lives as they are. If you are already in Oz and you don't get your visas you have to leave, go back and start all over again.

I guess it's the payoff for geting here sooner and having a job to come to !

Old Nov 11th 2003, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope things quicken up for you Boomerang... The wait must be excruiating....

Best wishes to you and your family....

P.S are you still thinking of Melbourne?

take care
booboo
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Well I was going to say that it's because they are a load of useless gits

but I won't

Regards