Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wrapping up self employment uk

Wrapping up self employment uk

Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of
Default Wrapping up self employment uk

Hey up folks

Yet another Question

We are leaving in 7 weeks and im self employed sole trader and file my own tax returns on line.

Do i give em the day i fly as the day to cease?
How do i sort out what they owe me if any(most work are with companies who pay my tax via a voucher?)

Cheers for info

jase
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wrapping up self employment uk

You would give them the day you stopped working as your "ceased trading" day. You would need to do a tax return in order for them to calculate what you owed or they owed you. So just like a year end tax return. Assume you are talking about the CIS scheme?

You can do it online and have an instant result as they do the calculation for you.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi janna
Thanks for the help!
So tax return online as normal but then..... do i ring them to tell them that i have stopped trading and also National insurance etc? or just file a tax return now?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I would try to do it before you go. There is space on the online return for "ceased trading" date but you might want to ring them and just say you're leaving the country and want to wrap up tax returns before you go.