Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you like fries with that ...

Would you like fries with that ...

Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:31 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you like fries with that ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4452704.stm

Old Nov 19th 2005, 6:40 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Would you like fries with that ...

I love eating Kangaroo!!! I had one of the best meals I've ever had in my life in Hervey Bay - Kangaroo steak with chips and salad. It was so good I recommended it to other diners who then ordered it.

Why not call it kangaroo??? We eat LAMB for goodness sake!

As Homer said (that's Homer Simpson, not the Greek chappie) - "It's Lamb Lisa, it's not "A" Lamb".

Hmmm, mind you we call pig, pork and cow, beef.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:08 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you like fries with that ...

Clearly a personal choice. 6 Species of kangaroo are now completely extinct. Another 11 on the verge. There are 53 different species in total. Kangaroo populations are out of control thanks to human factors and gross mismanagement in the first place.

Personally I dont support the hunting of millions of animals a year. They call it harvesting, quaint name for it....I think the majority of people would have a problem with pulling the trigger of gun in the face of a roo and thus we deal with the moral question by changing the name of the "product" by calling it something else. That way everyone can feel better about it and forget which animal it came from.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:13 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Would you like fries with that ...

Originally Posted by Centurion
Clearly a personal choice. 6 Species of kangaroo are now completely extinct. Another 11 on the verge. There are 53 different species in total. Kangaroo populations are out of control thanks to human factors and gross mismanagement in the first place.

Personally I dont support the hunting of millions of animals a year. They call it harvesting, quaint name for it....I think the majority of people would have a problem with pulling the trigger of gun in the face of a roo and thus we deal with the moral question by changing the name of the "product" by calling it something else. That way everyone can feel better about it and forget which animal it came from.
Fair point. Kangaroos are not farmed, whereas sheep, cows and pigs etc are. Could it be because they keep escaping over the fences???

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:14 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I love eating Kangaroo!!! I had one of the best meals I've ever had in my life in Hervey Bay - Kangaroo steak with chips and salad. It was so good I recommended it to other diners who then ordered it.

Why not call it kangaroo??? We eat LAMB for goodness sake!

As Homer said (that's Homer Simpson, not the Greek chappie) - "It's Lamb Lisa, it's not "A" Lamb".

Hmmm, mind you we call pig, pork and cow, beef.

Cheers

Buzzy
Funny, I thought "Lamb" was a "Sheep".
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:18 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Funny, I love "Lamb" and "Sheep".
Aww fanks...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ransi
Aww fanks...
I prefer sharing to shearing!!
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:26 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer sharing to shearing!!
Im always well sheared...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:36 pm
Cheeky member

Personally I cant wait to try kanga...But knowing what it is I may not be able to enjoy it the same...I cant eat lamb because I can see them from my garden...I enjoyed veal a long time ago until i found out what is was...I still haven't had any since....But as the saying goes "when in Rome"...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

Most aussies outback have no trouble shooting roos, they consider them a pest and think nothing of wiping them out, bit of roo blasting on the weekend is considered a bit of fun I suppose if youve a property to protect but what we saw was outback morons tanked up and out for a bit of a laugh.

I think they want to change the name cause to most aussies roo is pet food, might sell more if it had a fancy name.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Would you like fries with that ...

Originally Posted by Ransi
Personally I cant wait to try kanga...

You can get it in some restaurants in the UK. I have had kangaroo in London and the Isle of Wight, of all places.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
You can get it in some restaurants in the UK. I have had kangaroo in London and the Isle of Wight, of all places.

Cheers

Buzzy
Im from N.Wales though...we dont have such exotic foods in these parts...
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:27 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I thought "Lamb" was a "Sheep".
A sheep is a Lamb, when it's over 2 it's mutton
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:38 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
A sheep is a Lamb, when it's over 2 it's mutton
You dont see mutton on the menu do you?...Or am I wrong?..
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:50 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Let me at them...I'm sure there just like lambs to butcher...(TRA Butcher )

And I bet they taste just like chicken....everything does doesn't it...that's what they always say on these taste test things.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.