Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Would you breed for $55,000

Would you breed for $55,000

Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Would you breed for $55,000

Originally posted by Larissa
True you adapt - you have too! Definately worth it. Sproglet was one today and I am feeling so proud and luved up! It's incredibly hard work, but well worth it, if that's what you want to do.
Larissa
PS what's an Eskie lid?
A derogatory term for a boogie board often used by surfers. If you did not know an Eskie is a cool box.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 8:21 am
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Sandra
You talk in this post about the positive aspects of aging ....then later state 'Yeah sure a lot of people will die ealier through not having cash, nurses, old folks homes' - so which one is it? Or rather which one are you?

Do you have enough money now ...and when you are 65 with a feeble mind are you happy to be turfed out and the ruling body state ....but you did not provide so go bugger it go die? Great please state that now...You will never claim state benefits because of my age....... or do we now extend to need!!! Because if this is your argument...should we now think about the children who might take more support from a state....

Please think about who gave birth to you any why....?

You do not breed....big claps!
I was trying to point out that the positives outway the negatives,even thought the negatives are huge.It is of greater importance to everyone that things on this planet change for the better not the worse.Population increase is over whelming the world, a decrease would bring improvement long term but with suffering.As for me,i'm neither...i'm just prepared to accept what might or might not happen if or when i am no longer able to look after myself...i die,oh dear,thats life.I claim nothing,never have and never will,hospitals included.I'm sure some people think they have a divine right to live for free or be looked after when they cant do it for themselves.This is a very recent trend in the human exsistance where as the previous hundreds or thousands of years offspring looked after their own,not a state.Evoloution has swerved off at rightangles in the last 400 years after following a distinctive path for tens of thousands of years.Even more so in the last 20 years.As to this been a bad thing no one has a crystal ball to see the future but i'm sure that when things are constant for so long such a dramatic change will have side effects greater than the ones we are seeing now.
The only people who deserve to be looked after by the state are the soldiers who were forced by the state to go be cannon fodder with no say or choice.Also,i have come to realise how insulting it is to say to people i choose not to breed.Its harder to breed than not isn't it?Once again,i 'm given a sarcastic comment because i make a choice that does'nt fit todays society.

Not that its anyones business on here about my upbringing but,I don't know and never will,never met them,never met me,never cared to.
Old Nov 23rd 2003, 11:01 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...522473947.html

The rush by cashed-up Sydney baby boomers to the North Coast may have a significant downside: that the idyllic communities they are moving to cannot afford the high level of care the sea-changers will demand as they grow older.

An explosion of the over-55 population on the North Coast, coupled with already high unemployment, means that councils may be left without enough money to fund such a high standard of aged-care facilities, says the 2003 State of the Regions Report.

"Anywhere between Port Stephens and Tweed Heads that's got a beach is just about on the list," said Ian Manning, deputy director of National Economics, which authored the report, released yesterday
Old Nov 24th 2003, 3:32 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by deedee
I was trying to point out that the positives outway the negatives,even thought the negatives are huge.It is of greater importance to everyone that things on this planet change for the better not the worse.Population increase is over whelming the world, a decrease would bring improvement long term but with suffering.As for me,i'm neither...i'm just prepared to accept what might or might not happen if or when i am no longer able to look after myself...i die,oh dear,thats life.I claim nothing,never have and never will,hospitals included.I'm sure some people think they have a divine right to live for free or be looked after when they cant do it for themselves.This is a very recent trend in the human exsistance where as the previous hundreds or thousands of years offspring looked after their own,not a state.Evoloution has swerved off at rightangles in the last 400 years after following a distinctive path for tens of thousands of years.Even more so in the last 20 years.As to this been a bad thing no one has a crystal ball to see the future but i'm sure that when things are constant for so long such a dramatic change will have side effects greater than the ones we are seeing now.
The only people who deserve to be looked after by the state are the soldiers who were forced by the state to go be cannon fodder with no say or choice.Also,i have come to realise how insulting it is to say to people i choose not to breed.Its harder to breed than not isn't it?Once again,i 'm given a sarcastic comment because i make a choice that does'nt fit todays society.

Not that its anyones business on here about my upbringing but,I don't know and never will,never met them,never met me,never cared to.
I can on a global level appreciate over population - but on a person to person level it comes down to personal choice and feeling.

On a forum that a lot of people state they are moving - for more space - more opportunity for their families - quality family time -your statements might be aimed at 'finding a response'?

My sarcasm extends from the fact I am in a loving relationship – two children, but one of my children is partially deaf and needs extra support – based on your theory of need and support - Darwinsims of survival of the fittess - she does not stand a chance!

I take it you where adopted or similar – and your conscious choice not to breed is fine but go and adopt and put something back in what you feel is lacking, rather than castigating those that do. I agree you are are being insulting when you say you choose not to breed - so if you state it explain it? I do not believe I am a better person because of my children but I would die for them given the choice - very like those men and women who went and still do and fight - as many in my family did.

My sarcasm annoys you, because you take it as sarcasm - but do you consider your statements can be derogatory and condescending and hence evoke such a response?

Please – have you posted here before under a different user id? Just wondering!
Old Nov 24th 2003, 11:15 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

no,i have only ever used the name Deedee.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just read yesterday that a UK 'think tank' policy unit is going to recommend to the government that the minimum age for the old age pension should be raised to 70 years of age. This is a response to the ageing population and the inability of the government to fund pensions in the future. So if you retire before 70 you will have to provide for yourself. Food for thought!

OzTennis
Old Nov 25th 2003, 9:32 pm

Originally posted by OzTennis
Just read yesterday that a UK 'think tank' policy unit is going to recommend to the government that the minimum age for the old age pension should be raised to 70 years of age. This is a response to the ageing population and the inability of the government to fund pensions in the future. So if you retire before 70 you will have to provide for yourself. Food for thought!

OzTennis
It is something that I have thought will have to happen for a while. By the time I get to retire it will probably be 75. Another issue is more people than expected are retiring early (both out of choice or through redundancy and age discrimination). This is taking money out of the stock market which is the next egg for most peoples retirement funds.