Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:47 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

Hi, we're hoping to go to Adelaide, possibly Melbourne late this year. We've two girls, and I'm currently looking at their clothes and removing some of the "winter" stuff. Usually, I'd keep all the older one's stuff that's in good nick and keep it for when it fits her sister but I'm just not sure what to do this year.

I know I'll need jackets and jumpers sometimes, but is it worth keeping things like those really cosy winter coats, fleece lined waterproof trousers, fleece lined wellies, hats and scarves etc.......?

cheers
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:49 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hi, we're hoping to go to Adelaide, possibly Melbourne late this year. We've two girls, and I'm currently looking at their clothes and removing some of the "winter" stuff. Usually, I'd keep all the older one's stuff that's in good nick and keep it for when it fits her sister but I'm just not sure what to do this year.

I know I'll need jackets and jumpers sometimes, but is it worth keeping things like those really cosy winter coats, fleece lined waterproof trousers, fleece lined wellies, hats and scarves etc.......?

cheers
Does this mean you finally got your visa???!!!!

Well, I'll bow to the greater knowledge of those in Melbourne, but even in Queensland it gets pretty chilly winter evenings.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

cheers
We've only been here for one winter in Melbourne and it was fairly mild. The kids had fleeces or light raincoats not the big anoraks you have back home! Most of the time I only had a cardy on and that was sufficient. Can get cold overnight but we're all tucked into bed by then!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:58 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Does this mean you finally got your visa???!!!!

Well, I'll bow to the greater knowledge of those in Melbourne, but even in Queensland it gets pretty chilly winter evenings.

Cheers

Buzzy
Nah, no visa yet, I just like to plan ahead - Bought the girls loads of summer stuff already - does hubby's head in This year though I'm havign a ball as I've got the excuse that I can by the older one loads of summer clothes because we're going to get heaps more wear out of it all if we get to Oz If we don't get visas then someone's gonna get a lot of bargains on eBay
Old Feb 20th 2006, 7:59 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Pootle
We've only been here for one winter in Melbourne and it was fairly mild. The kids had fleeces or light raincoats not the big anoraks you have back home! Most of the time I only had a cardy on and that was sufficient. Can get cold overnight but we're all tucked into bed by then!
Cheers for that. Will maybe see if I can leave a box of hats and scarves etc in my Mum and Dad's loft for return visits then

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

yip !!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

cheers
Yes, absolutely. It gets cold in Australia too, you know!
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by soapy
yip !!!!!
Is that yip to take it or yip to leave it Soapy?
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you still need your warm clothes, it can get nippy in the winter but at least it isn't every day
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:03 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes, absolutely. It gets cold in Australia too, you know!
Cheers, I remembered some really chilly nights in Sydney when I was there, but I just couldn't remember HOW chilly - the old memory's just not up to the job these days
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Is that yip to take it or yip to leave it Soapy?
well, the question is............
is it worth keeping warm clothes........and the answer.
YIP
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:04 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yes you still need your warm clothes, it can get nippy in the winter but at least it isn't every day
Cheers, will get some more of those vacuum bags and just pack most of it all away then.

Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:04 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by soapy
well, the question is............
is it worth keeping warm clothes........and the answer.
YIP
THANKS
Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Is It Worth Keeping Warm Clothes

Cheers, I remembered some really chilly nights in Sydney when I was there, but I just couldn't remember HOW chilly - the old memory's just not up to the job these days
Word of warning: just remember that you won't have central heating or double glazing. (I know you poms can't live without 'em!)

Old Feb 20th 2006, 8:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

THANKS
your welcome
oh and if u can, bring your quilt. they are really pish here
if i had known what i ........... blah blah blah lol
the kids gave me a hard time for throwing out all the warm gear. i kept saying its too heavy........u will need only summer gear.
cost us a lot of money in the winter lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.