Is it worth it.............

Wikiposts

Is it worth it.............

Old May 10th 2004, 7:27 am
earlswood

You are not alone!!

In the last 6 months I have replaced a TV, DVD and Washing Machine

We are hoping to leave in 3 months!!

We have buyers but will nowhere near get the money back!!

Old May 10th 2004, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

My washing machine has broke but hopefully is repairable until such times i need a new one...

footie xx
Old May 10th 2004, 8:18 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is it worth it.............

Originally posted by S Oldfield
whilst watching a film last night the bloody telly died. Am so annoyed. Now we intend to be on our merry way in a few months........so is it worth buying a new one. If not anyone recommend a hire company in the Portsmouth area!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it with the electrical equipment it is spooky, :scared: Do they really know that we are thinking of going, and not tkaing it with us...

Fridge, kettle have just packed up bought new ones..

Thought the washing machine was dying, making a funny noise. But seems to of come back to life...
Old May 10th 2004, 8:18 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw 14 inch colour portable TV's in Tesco's the other day for less than £50 (£49 something or other).

Might be worth picking one up before you lose your sanity after several days with no TV
Old May 10th 2004, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

whilst watching a film last night the bloody telly died. Am so annoyed. Now we intend to be on our merry way in a few months........so is it worth buying a new one. If not anyone recommend a hire company in the Portsmouth area!!!!!!!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel, our telly packed up and we are living with a portable but the problem is the CAR has now died too. We are making do with hubby's works van at mo but with a family of five and nearest beach 3 miles away (not on a bus route) life ain't gonna be easy this summer. We'll probably have to succumb and buy a new car but what a pain in the **** and wallet.

Lindsey
Old May 10th 2004, 8:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by lindseyden
I know exactly how you feel, our telly packed up and we are living with a portable but the problem is the CAR has now died too. We are making do with hubby's works van at mo but with a family of five and nearest beach 3 miles away (not on a bus route) life ain't gonna be easy this summer. We'll probably have to succumb and buy a new car but what a pain in the **** and wallet.

Lindsey

OMG you guys are scaring me I wont have that much to take as it is, at this rate I'll have nowt
Old May 10th 2004, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

The McGintys is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought we were the only ones with everything breaking but I think we have had the worst luck, in the past month:

TV - tube went (only 18 months old)
Car (New gear box!!!)
1 very bad MOT on hubby's van
Pump in central heating
Taps in kitchen
Toaster died
hoover blew up

And they say bad luck comes in 3's!!!!

And we are still awaiting our skills assessment from the TRA, a positive response would make up for our nightmare past month!!

Anyone had a worse month???:scared: :scared:
Old May 10th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

I know ours is a long way off but our Hoover heard us discussing emigration the other night, lo and behold next day just packs in without a word of warning

As a point of interest will the new one work in Oz if we get one?
Old May 10th 2004, 9:17 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Dicko
I know ours is a long way off but our Hoover heard us discussing emigration the other night, lo and behold next day just packs in without a word of warning

As a point of interest will the new one work in Oz if we get one?

Dont know for sure, but can't see why not - the Dyson I used over there looked exactly the same as the one we have here.... a nice sparky on here maybe able to tell you for sure

Apparently you just need take fuses with you as Aussie plugs dont have them - or an adaptor - or change the plug!
Old May 10th 2004, 9:38 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Dont know for sure, but can't see why not - the Dyson I used over there looked exactly the same as the one we have here.... a nice sparky on here maybe able to tell you for sure

Apparently you just need take fuses with you as Aussie plugs dont have them - or an adaptor - or change the plug!
I remember reading on here someone said Dyson's were more expensive in oz?? So it might be worth getting one before you go. Think I may have to as my hoover's decided to periodically conk out when its had enough. Then when its cooled down it works again .....tempremental old sod!

And just to add insult to injury my car's just had its MOT...and failed. Took it to the garage today to be repaired and while fixing it they managed to break something. Something had seized up apparently... not their fault of course... Anyway....I thought it would be fixed and sorted by school kicking out time today but NO.....the part they need is going to take 7-10 days to get..:scared:
My other half works nights in Southampton (40 min drive) and we have no car!!!!!!!!! The garage lent him a van for tonight but after then its anyones guess!! Oh and the walk to school is 30 mins each way....fine when the weathers ok but just you wait....its gonna piss buckets from tomorrow onwards! My kids are 'delighted' at the prospect of having to get up earlier AND walking to and from school for the forseeable.......deep joy