Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hlugh *gurgle gurgle gurlge*

ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hlugh *gurgle gurgle gurlge*

Old May 10th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hlugh *gurgle gurgle gurlge*

Grrr! Just have to let off some steam.:scared: :scared: :scared:

One week till the movers come - OMG there is so much to do and so little time. The thing is I have been organised, got lists, but lots of things cant be done till last minute - SUCH a pain!!!
I only got 2 things off my to-do-list today, 7 billion to go!

I seem to be the one stressing out in our house. Mr JP is seems taken to the idea that if he is blissfully unaware, he will remain blissful Clever lad.
He is still working so gets continuous mobile calls from me ranting and raving at how long everything is taking to do (council tax took 3 hours to answer the phone today!) and reminding him of his jobs (which are seriously being left last minute *cough*) ... perhaps this is just a case of men are from mars, woman are from venus.

Anyway on with the next job.....

JP
Old May 10th 2004, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Barron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hlugh *gurgle gurgle gurlge*

Calm down have a glass of wine I am in the same boat trying to multi task and hubby just does not seem bothered ,our packers are in 01 June and I am fed up with trying to cancel things over the phone

Sally
Old May 10th 2004, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Phew! All this stress eh! The immigration process is like a rollercoaster ride full of stress from start to finish! Keep going girl - its nearly time to get off
Old May 10th 2004, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hlugh *gurgle gurgle gurlge*

Originally posted by Barron Fam
Calm down have a glass of wine I am in the same boat trying to multi task and hubby just does not seem bothered ,our packers are in 01 June and I am fed up with trying to cancel things over the phone

Sally

yes yes yes!
what is it with these call centres
Every company is either a huge long wait, or " sorry ring back closer to the date" (like the day we leave - as if we dont have enough to worry about!
Old May 10th 2004, 4:26 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I completely understand, must be something men are taught at a very early stage, how to be totally dis-organised and far too laid back!! My b/f is exactly the same must be in particular an Aussie male trait!!
Old May 10th 2004, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

jodie is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how you feel am in the same boat ourselves here, problem is im still at work until virtually the last minute. that's my decision anyway whether it be right or wrong !

our list is crazy long as well and it seems at times that no one wants to co-operate !

We are with you ! My Fiance is not been his normal laid back self and is now also starting to stress as well. arrghh !

Best of luck !

Originally posted by BKate
I completely understand, must be something men are taught at a very early stage, how to be totally dis-organised and far too laid back!! My b/f is exactly the same must be in particular an Aussie male trait!!
Old May 10th 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Its amazing how that list seems humungous right up till the very last minute, and then shock horror - yeeesssss you've done it, then there's- omg no going back.

Whisky
Old May 10th 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

post your list as a thread and lets see if we all can't help out in a cyber type way. 50 heads are better than one

jo
Old May 10th 2004, 6:18 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the same situation, but 2 weeks till the container comes. And we're packing AND loading ourselves.
Then, I'm working/studying full time (graduating). Today had a 'consult'(?) with my teacher, nearly started crying

So,
Packing
tax rebate(last years still, should've been in by april)
applying for a job, which has to be in next week(in Oz), and I still have to translate my whole CV, get references, write the application.
Then doing stuff like cancelling phone, cancelling other stuff, sorting out school/diploma's, post.
Organising leaving party
Sending off leaving party invitations

Oh, damn, still gotta find insurance for the container as well, the shipping company won't insure it.

:scared: :scared:

Last edited by Simone; May 10th 2004 at 6:20 pm.
Old May 10th 2004, 6:21 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Simone
I'm in the same situation, but 2 weeks till the container comes. And we're packing AND loading ourselves.
Then, I'm working/studying full time (graduating). Today had a 'consult'(?) with my teacher, nearly started crying

So,
Packing
tax rebate(last years still, should've been in by april)
applying for a job, which has to be in next week(in Oz), and I still have to translate my whole CV, get references, write the application.
Then doing stuff like cancelling phone, cancelling other stuff, sorting out school/diploma's, post.
Organising leaving party
Sending off leaving party invitations

Oh, damn, still gotta find insurance for the container as well, the shipping company won't insure it.

:scared: :scared:

Why wont the shipping company insure it - usually this is where they make their money... got something you shouldnt have in it

JP - dont worry, keep drinking the wine and get that list posted on here, lets see if we can help
Old May 10th 2004, 6:26 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Why wont the shipping company insure it - usually this is where they make their money... got something you shouldnt have in it
lol, no!!!

We're packing ourselves, so....
Thing is, I did think they'd to a 'totall loss' insurance(for like if the boat sinks :scared: )
I'm not worried about things breaking, cos the insurance often doesn't pay out anyway. And we don't have that many expensive things (computer is the most expensive, the rest doesn't come close!!)
Old May 10th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
post your list as a thread and lets see if we all can't help out in a cyber type way. 50 heads are better than one

jo

*DONE Pay off any debts
*DONE Sort shipping company
*DONE Stop Council tax
*DONE Arrange mail to be forwarded
*DONE Change addresses with bank
*DONE Drivers licence
*DONE Relatives and friends
*DONE cancel internet
*make sure mobile is operative in oz or cancel contract - cant decide to chuck or unlock for £10
*Close all bank accounts withdraw all £ to take with us
*Refs from banks (for new account) - in progress
*Refs from Landlord on day move out only
*Refs from employers in progress
*Stop Electric, Gas, Water, Phone, and pay a week after we have moved out and they have sent bills
*unregister doctor - consider any freebie prescriptions can get here (BCP)
*student loans forms in progress (still waiting)
*Clean flat, gets keys ready, beg for our hefty deposit back from Real Estate agent FIX OVEN DOOR ASAP <-- proving impossible
*Pack suitcase just before packers come with all the bits need and all essential documents (THIS WEEKEND)
*migration baggage allowance - in progress STILL
*See if got a Pension number yet (taken 7 weeks and still not on system) in progress
*Fill in P85 to get a tax rebate (need pension numbers and P45)
*P45 from Employers (very slow)
*Book accomodation for Italy
*Book tickets to get from Nottingham to Bucks to Heathrow
*Buy silica gel sachets (given up on - decided to risk it)
Old May 10th 2004, 7:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by jasper pentop
*make sure mobile is operative in oz or cancel contract - cant decide to chuck or unlock for £10
*Close all bank accounts withdraw all £ to take with us
*Refs from banks (for new account) - in progress
*Refs from Landlord on day move out only
*Refs from employers in progress
*Stop Electric, Gas, Water, Phone, and pay a week after we have moved out and they have sent bills
*unregister doctor - consider any freebie prescriptions can get here (BCP)
*student loans forms in progress (still waiting)
*Clean flat, gets keys ready, beg for our hefty deposit back from Real Estate agent FIX OVEN DOOR ASAP <-- proving impossible
*Pack suitcase just before packers come with all the bits need and all essential documents (THIS WEEKEND)
*migration baggage allowance - in progress STILL
*See if got a Pension number yet (taken 7 weeks and still not on system) in progress
*Fill in P85 to get a tax rebate (need pension numbers and P45)
*P45 from Employers (very slow)
*Book accomodation for Italy
*Book tickets to get from Nottingham to Bucks to Heathrow
*Buy silica gel sachets (given up on - decided to risk it)

OMG - you have a few

Okay....

- What sort of mobile do you have? There's no reason for it to not work, unless you're on Orange, then you might have problems getting a SIM card for it

- If you have new bank a/c details, your bank should transfer the funds for you (watch the exchange rates on this one!)

- Accomodation & tickets all can be done online... so stop reading this and go get to it

- Silica gel... I have a couple lying around you can have?!?

I think the rest only you can do

good luck!!
Old May 10th 2004, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

What sort of mobile do you have? There's no reason for it to not work, unless you're on Orange, then you might have problems getting a SIM card for it
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

My mobile is ORANGE

I read it might be costly, its also a motorola and apparently they are hardest to unlock.... plus it is the cheapest plasticy one u can buy (not a big believer in expensive mobiles when ur a teacher with dodgy kids around)
Old May 10th 2004, 8:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally posted by jasper pentop
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

My mobile is ORANGE

I read it might be costly, its also a motorola and apparently they are hardest to unlock.... plus it is the cheapest plasticy one u can buy (not a big believer in expensive mobiles when ur a teacher with dodgy kids around)

Hmmmmmmmmm - bugg@r! As far as I'm aware Orange SIM cards are different from any other network. I broke my mobile whilst I was over there, I looked into buying a pay-as-you-go type one, you could get a cheap Nokia with $30 already on it for about $80-$110.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.