Reload this Page >

Is it worth it????

Is it worth it????

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Is it worth it????

Hi all,

just looking for some general feedback. My patner and I spent a year travelling, 8 months in oz, came back in March, we loved oz so much that we are trying everything to get PR. To have enough points we will have to invest $100,000, will prob have to borrow half of this (has anyone done this), I know that technically you are not meant to. Its basically our last hope, we have researched every other possible route and to be honest Im beginning to feel a bit down about the whole thing, wondering should I just chuck the whole idea away, beginning to foget how fab oz really is and just wondering am I living in fantasy land, I live in Ireland (am Irish) and it has rained the last two days.......contstant!!!!!!!...................just wondering is the whole thing worth it......................we are just at the start have to get skills assessed so we are prob looking at year and half (before we get PR) as I have to get my 3 out of 4 years work experience, we dont have the money to use agency so we are doing all research ourselves

some positive comments would be helpful
thanks
Barbs Is it worth it?????
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 10:47 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is it worth it????

Originally posted by barbs
Hi all,

just looking for some general feedback. My patner and I spent a year travelling, 8 months in oz, came back in March, we loved oz so much that we are trying everything to get PR. To have enough points we will have to invest $100,000, will prob have to borrow half of this (has anyone done this), I know that technically you are not meant to. Its basically our last hope, we have researched every other possible route and to be honest Im beginning to feel a bit down about the whole thing, wondering should I just chuck the whole idea away, beginning to foget how fab oz really is and just wondering am I living in fantasy land, I live in Ireland (am Irish) and it has rained the last two days.......contstant!!!!!!!...................just wondering is the whole thing worth it......................we are just at the start have to get skills assessed so we are prob looking at year and half (before we get PR) as I have to get my 3 out of 4 years work experience, we dont have the money to use agency so we are doing all research ourselves

thanks
Send rain, I'll send $A100,000?

Save & update skills then see.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 10:51 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barbs
It sure can feel like a long way off sometimes and it can be a long road to get there, but....

1) I don't believe they care where you get the bond money from - they don't ask you to prove that you already have it when you apply but of course you have to have the money ready to transfer before the visa is granted.

2) The skills assessment is probably the most difficult part but you sound quite clued up on what points you need and if you take it just one step at a time you'll be fine. Keep searching on this forum for advice and over on the Immigration forum too.

3) Is it worth it? I guess only you can answer that as everyone's priorities are different. However, you need to ask yourself whether passing up the opportunity altogether and not even trying is the right thing to do. In years to come will you regret not giving it a go?
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:00 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hi all,

thanks
Firstly please accept my commiserations on being Irish.
I have done the $100 000 thing and although I did'nt borrow for it I think OSH is right, they don't really care where you get it from. Having said that they do ask how you are financing this on the form...but hey, say its out of your savings, what do they know.

I would say keep plodding along with the idea, forget the agent thing, you don't need one. See where it takes you, you've got nothing to lose, except the application fee.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the feedback much appreciated, chippy whats wrong with being Irish??????????
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:22 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

thanks for the feedback much appreciated, chippy whats wrong with being Irish??????????
Nothing I like lepperechauns.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

maybe learn to spell it first, just dont think negative comments are helpful and your certainly not helping the negative image that "Brits dont like the Irish or look down on the Irish "............thats the only point Im making
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe learn to spell it first, just dont think negative comments are helpful and your certainly not helping the negative image that "Brits dont like the Irish or look down on the Irish "............thats the only point Im making
I thought Brits liked the irish ? I certainly do, especially southern irish accents on loverly irish fillies
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

O dear God!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:48 am
I'm lovin' it

There are six spelling/grammatical errors in this statement of yours here Barbs.
Anyway, look left, there seems to be something wrong with your shoulder.

BTW: Here's how to spell it.....it, as in eye tee. Nows that's edjumication for you.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

feeling better now? and with regards to my supposed chip, my partner is british, you started this with your commiserations, however maybe you were being humorous, if so apologies
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you liked it out there that much I would say apply now anyway.
If you need the money for the bond, this may be your last chance to apply- unless the job demand or points change. How would you feel if you don't apply and then find out in a few years you have no chance at all?

The skills assessment is quite a low fee to complete and if you have the money for the application and your work experience is good, send it off. They do change the points system and jobs wanted now and again, so if you wait for years you might be out of luck.

Good luck with your decision!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 11:59 am
I'm lovin' it

feeling better now? and with regards to my supposed chip, my partner is british, you started this with your commiserations, however maybe you were being humorous, if so apologies
Well done Barbs, you're not so bad.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Chippy

Just cause you are packing your bags dont upset the people just starting out not everyone is as thick skinned as you and knows about your sence of humour.

Barbs

You have a long way to go and will need lots of patience and a good sence of humour.
If capital investment is your only hope of making the points then go for it, remember paying back what you've borrowed will be a lot harder on aussie wages than uk wages.

Lynn
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 7:50 pm
Crocodile Member

Location: Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast. Crikey Terri, That's a BIG ONE!
Andy_Hanrahan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barbs

Take no notice of the anti-irish ribbing. They know not what they do.

I think you have already answered your own question. to have researched it so heavily and to be prepared to go to almost any lengths to follow your dream, you must really want it. Nothing else matters. you know it - go for it!!

Good luck

Andy

Hi all,

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.