Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

worst case senario!!!

worst case senario!!!

Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:38 am
wombat42

Default Re: worst case senario!!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
Impossible to say, although maybe less promising compared to a tradesman. Jobs probably come up on a case by case basis.

The population of the Falklands is only 2500 (they do want more people, especially British citizens) but the economy is fairly strong, based on agriculture, fishing and resource exploration.

Anyone keen on the idea should contact the Falklands government office directly. As I've noted, the lifestyle there is not for everyone (eg if you're going to miss the local tescos ... )

Jeremy
The Falklands, Gibralta and Malta are small lslands you will soon get bored and run out of new places to see , places to go or things to so, while OZ is the largest Island in the world and one of the largest countries, with a variety of landscapes from mountain ranges, snow fields, rainforests, green farmland, miles of beaches, tropicals islands, the outback, large exciting cities such as sydney melbourne,you can spend years traveling around it and still find new places to go and things to see and do.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 10th 2005 at 9:44 am.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wombat42
The Falklands, Gibralta and Malta are small lslands
I beg to differ. Gib is a pennisula on the souther tip of Spain which is a a nice size country that has Portugal and France (OK, downside) as its neigbours.

I don't really think you'd get too bored there really
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:19 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The Falklands, Gibralta and Malta are small lslands you will soon get bored and run out of new places to see , places to go or things to so, while OZ is the largest Island in the world and one of the largest countries, with a variety of landscapes from mountain ranges, snow fields, rainforests, green farmland, miles of beaches, tropicals islands, the outback, large exciting cities such as sydney melbourne,you can spend years traveling around it and still find new places to go and things to see and do.
You know nothing. I suggest you jump on a plane to Europe and find out what it is actually like. The Falklands would probably be like living in Tasmania and the locals probably have the same breeding habits.

Isn't Morocco and Tunisia closer to Gibralter than France? No tropical islands but there are mountain ranges in the South of Spain, deserts across the straits in Africa, miles of Beaches and for exciting cities there is the whole of Europe within a short flight. Paris, London, Rome, Milan, Barcelona are just the tip of the iceberg of cities to visit in Europe. You'd be a lazy fat arsed wombat to be bored in Europe.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:31 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by bondipom
You know nothing. I suggest you jump on a plane to Europe and find out what it is actually like. The Falklands would probably be like living in Tasmania and the locals probably have the same breeding habits.

Isn't Morocco and Tunisia closer to Gibralter than France? No tropical islands but there are mountain ranges in the South of Spain, deserts across the straits in Africa, miles of Beaches and for exciting cities there is the whole of Europe within a short flight. Paris, London, Rome, Milan, Barcelona are just the tip of the iceberg of cities to visit in Europe. You'd be a lazy fat arsed wombat to be bored in Europe.
This lazy fat arsed Wombat is smart enough to know that Gibralter will probably be returned to Spain soon and Poms won't be welcome there anymore and heard that the Spanish try to make it difficult for poms leaving Gibralter by making them que up in their cars at the border for hours before they can get into Europe. If they wanted to the Spanish could close the border to Europe at any time. AS for Malta you have to go to the expense of traveling on a plane or ferry everytime you want to travel to Europe.
There would be very limited employment opportunities in either of these places compared to OZ. So BondiPOm why don't you leave Bondi Beach and move to your barren little rocks in the Med. if you think they are so great.

www.rense.com/general44/virus.htm

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 10th 2005 at 2:40 pm.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:21 pm

This lazy fat arsed Wombat is smart enough to know that Gibralter will probably be returned to Spain soon and Poms won't be welcome there anymore and heard that the Spanish try to make it difficult for poms leaving Gibralter by making them que up in their cars at the border for hours before they can get into Europe. If they wanted to the Spanish could close the border to Europe at any time. AS for Malta you have to go to the expense of traveling on a plane or ferry everytime you want to travel to Europe.
There would be very limited employment opportunities in either of these places compared to OZ. So BondiPOm why don't you leave Bondi Beach and move to your barren little rocks in the Med. if you think they are so great.

www.rense.com/general44/virus.htm
No reason to move at the moment and if anywhere I would return to the UK if I left Oz. I wouldn't want my kids to grow up with pig ignorant views of Europe. Time and expense is what you need to travel anywhere in Oz. Oh I'll just pop down to Melbourne or up to a tropical island.

I never said the places were livable but dumb comments need correcting.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Morocco and Tunisia closer to Gibralter than France?
Yep, sure are, but i was higlighting the fact that Gib was part of the european mainland NOT and island, ie: you do not need to travel across the sea to get elsewhere

We went to Morroco on a day trip from there, it was a bit :scared: But a good experience.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

The original post was asking if you were unable to go to Oz, where would you go....
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by hevs
Yep, sure are, but i was higlighting the fact that Gib was part of the european mainland NOT and island, ie: you do not need to travel across the sea to get elsewhere

We went to Morroco on a day trip from there, it was a bit :scared: But a good experience.
I suppose it is as close as Sydney is to Melbourne.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:12 pm
wombat42

. Time and expense is what you need to travel anywhere in Oz. Oh I'll just pop down to Melbourne or up to a tropical island.
Why don't you, about one or two days drive to either place from Sydney, would'nt cost that much.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 10th 2005 at 5:17 pm.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:15 pm

Why don't you, about one days drive either way, would'nt cost that much.
I have been to the Whitsundays, Cape Tribulation and Melbourne. I'd rather fly than spend all day driving with the odd stop off at a big thing.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:20 pm
wombat42

I have been to the Whitsundays, Cape Tribulation and Melbourne. I'd rather fly than spend all day driving with the odd stop off at a big thing.
By " big things" are you refering to Australia's cultural icons such as the Big Banana at Coffs Harbour. They don't have anything like that in Europe.

Last edited by wombat42; Apr 10th 2005 at 5:22 pm.

Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

By " big thing" are you refering to Australia's cultural icons such as the Big Banana. They don't have anything like that in Europe.
Perhaps they don't need anything quite that tacky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:26 pm

By " big thing" are you refering to Australia's cultural icons such as the Big Banana. They don't have anything like that in Europe.
Can't think of any "Big Things" in Europe.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:30 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by hevs
Perhaps they don't need anything quite that tacky
Who wants to go the Europe when OZ has more big things to see then anywhere else in the world, including the worlds largest beer can read the link below.

http://www.holidayoz.com.au/big-attractions.htm

Old Apr 10th 2005, 5:31 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Can't think of any "Big Things" in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.