Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The worse the better!!!

Wikiposts

The worse the better!!!

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 11:43 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with Big Badge's sentiments wholeheartedly. If you dont like where you're living, then **** off and live somewhere else. Dont moan about it, just do it. Thats why I'm heading to Oz.

I can see totally why we are refered to as Whinging Poms by the Aussies. I'll be running through the airport stark bollock naked and singing with joy when I finally get to fly away from this cold, gray little island of 65 million W.P's.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 11:59 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Default Re: The worse the better!!!

Originally posted by rajj
If you're escaping the UK to get to a country to be with more "Anglo Saxons", let me remind you there are lots of "foreign Non anglo types" like me here who despise your racist (YES RACIST!) crap. I look forward to being your neighbour soon buddy!!!!
One possibility you might have overlooked? Did he mean the AngloSaxon use of the venacular - calling it "a bloody shovel" rather than "an agricultural implement"?

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:09 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

If you're escaping the UK to get to a country to be with more "Anglo Saxons", let me remind you there are lots of "foreign Non anglo types" like me here who despise your racist (YES RACIST!) crap. I look forward to being your neighbour soon buddy!!!!

Am I missing something? where is the Racist remark in Badgers post, was it the way he honestly describes some Aussies, or has Rajj got a big chip on his shoulder?

Slater
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:23 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Slater
Am I missing something? where is the Racist remark in Badgers post, was it the way he honestly describes some Aussies, or has Rajj got a big chip on his shoulder?

Slater
I think he needs a big hug
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 2:01 am
Badge

I did not reference any red tape or nanny state. I was talking about populist cultural differences. You are correct in this aspect.

"Also please enlighten us as to why the idea of Australia supposedly being Anglo Saxon is so pleasing to you ?? (Actually after your racist rant about immigrants to the UK I guess it shouldn't surprise me at all)"

raciist remarks about immigration?? eh?? - nothing wrong with immigration - but over here they sneak in!! Migrants in Aus are encouraged to fit in and speak English - in the UK our own culture is being eroded. That's most people's issues..

1) well depends on who you hang around with. My family and mates in Australia are all "anglo-saxon" - cos they hang around with people of their kind...
2)I meant Anglo-Saxon as Australia is more like the UK than, say, German or American or Continental European...when I say Anglo-Saxon I mean, for example, they have a black sense of humour - which say, the Yanks don't have - apparently - listening to the posts on their comedies on the US forum and how there most UK expats say Yanks don't understand them. I've never had that in Australia.

For many of us that is the attraction of Australia - the fact that many Australians are descended from the UK, and that most Aussies quite like POMS - they may not admit it! Although - those that make Australia little England will of course suffer as has been mentioned before.

You say glibly that "I am an authority" - well - all I will say is that I am one of the few people on this site who has experienced life outside a suburban home so I can talk about outback australia and other facets of life with a degree of accuracy - many here can't...all my family and friends run businesses so I am well acquainted with the red-tape..

badgers

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 3rd 2003 at 2:12 am.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 2:08 am
Badge

eh?! hostility!! why?!

no problems mate. If you care to train with me you can. (If you can keep up!!). if you want to come around - i'll offer you a beer!! (if you drink!!)

I don't want to be *with* Anglo-Saxons - I want to be in a country that *supports* Anglo-Saxon culture along with others.

What is wrong with wanting to be with people of your own ilk?! why do you people always jump on the bandwagon and start flinging the R word around??!! its heavily abused!! At a simple level - I mean - I don't make friends easily with people I don't share interests with...QED..

On a more important level I don't like countries where they abuse women and cut off your hands etc for stealing...etc!!

QED.

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 3rd 2003 at 2:11 am.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 5:23 am
Just Joined

NicciS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Identity Crisis?

Hi,

I find all the comments about peoples impressions quite amusing.

When moving from aust to the Uk it took me at least 2 years to like it. All i did was moan. Why? Because the country sucked, no because of my own ability to adapt, and my own unrealistic expectations of myself. I think moaning is a way of grieving for what was 'lost' or given up, and its something you do before your truly ready to move on or accept the reality of the situation.

Now Im doing the reverse, and all I can do is think about what i'll miss in the UK. I now love both worlds. But both are different, and require different ways of living. Neither is perfect but neither am I. What I do know, is that my knowledge of the world, people, and the way it functions has broadened, as has my ability to adapt and survive situations which were far from perfect.

What I can do, is use what I have learned to make my own life happier, and hopefully enrich the lives of people I care about. For me a part of this process was moaning.

So please moan away, as at times i need to identify with the bad as well as the good as it helps me move on. The only thing I ask is don't crucify the process of adaptation by nasty comments. Comment on what you relate to, ignore what you don't.

Reading this board, has helped me in this process, as it reminds me no matter what direction your travelling in, for what ever reasons the process is still difficult, and its nice to 'read' of others experiences, which help put mine in perspective.

What I really want is a place to live that is a mix of the two, great shops, culture, warm weather, some snow for variety, some lovely beaches, good friends, brilliant schools and medical system, quorn, large house, and brilliant rates of pay, work that is stimulating, non stressful, progressive with short working hours and cheap airfares to all over the world.

I am trying hard to achieve this.........what about you?

Nicci
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

unrefined_mind is on a distinguished road

Just an observation but why are quote "foreign Non anglo types" like me - replying on a site called Expats.com?

Have you been expelled from every other forum on the net, if so how did you find this one you moron?
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Fatso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
There are so many negative aspects to Australia

these faults that would send most poms running home!!!

like no decent shops; - brash, insensitive, Aussies; "backwardness"

destitute

no amount of bad experiences will change this for me!

anyone know what I mean?!

I am Australian..to me this says it all.

cheers

badgers

I do know exactly what you mean mate.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

MartyO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Identity Crisis?

Originally posted by NicciS
Hi,

When moving from aust to the Uk it took me at least 2 years to like it. All i did was moan. Why? Because the country sucked, no because of my own ability to adapt, and my own unrealistic expectations of myself. I think moaning is a way of grieving for what was 'lost' or given up, and its something you do before your truly ready to move on or accept the reality of the situation.

Now Im doing the reverse, and all I can do is think about what i'll miss in the UK. I now love both worlds. But both are different, and require different ways of living. Neither is perfect but neither am I. What I do know, is that my knowledge of the world, people, and the way it functions has broadened, as has my ability to adapt and survive situations which were far from perfect.

What I can do, is use what I have learned to make my own life happier, and hopefully enrich the lives of people I care about. For me a part of this process was moaning.

So please moan away, as at times i need to identify with the bad as well as the good as it helps me move on. The only thing I ask is don't crucify the process of adaptation by nasty comments. Comment on what you relate to, ignore what you don't.

Reading this board, has helped me in this process, as it reminds me no matter what direction your travelling in, for what ever reasons the process is still difficult, and its nice to 'read' of others experiences, which help put mine in perspective.

What I really want is a place to live that is a mix of the two, great shops, culture, warm weather, some snow for variety, some lovely beaches, good friends, brilliant schools and medical system, quorn, large house, and brilliant rates of pay, work that is stimulating, non stressful, progressive with short working hours and cheap airfares to all over the world.

Nicci

Nicci

Like your rationale. Totally agree that moaning is a crucial part of human nature. It's what makes us discuss our respective experiences and at the same time makes us strive for better. Watching people and taking in some of the 'factual' information on this board is one of the reasons why I browse and post. The most important thing I feel is that whether you agree with the posts on this board or not, the majority of people who participate are striving for something different, to enrich their lives. Whether we will ever achieve the menu in your final para is doubtful, but we are all (mostly) united in at least our quest to try.

So everyone keep moaning - it's natural and good for you. So long as you're not a misery and you are ultimately trying to move forward :lecture:
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 9:59 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity Crisis?

Originally posted by NicciS
Hi,

Nicci
Too right...and when you find paradise I hope you will be posting here to let us all know?
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 3:01 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount

Australia for me is still a halfway house - a cross between an "unsettled" country but still "Western"..and even better - Anglo-Saxon...!! but more Anglo-Saxon...as in the UK we are going so PC - becoming all hippy-dippy and too absorbed with culture and history..

I for one can't wait to get an aussie passport so that I don't have to admit to anyone I am technically British!! When I meet Europeans I will be proud when I tell them I am Australian..to me this says it all. How many nationals can say this about their homelands!!??

cheers

badgers
Un-informed Prat , you have little idea over 160 races abide in Australia and most say the average Aussie will have blood mixed with the new Asians coming here.
All races from the UK are welcome here and are getting excepted , not just biggots like you.
Most white Aussies see themselfs as Celtic Irish and have no time for Poms , they have love to hate Anglo-Saxons , you are off the planet.

Read you need to know about your new land .

http://www.immi.gov.au/multicultural/

PS Biggest sport here is Pom Hating no wonder with tossers like you.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 3rd 2003 at 4:32 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 3:08 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bluey
Agree with Big Badge's sentiments wholeheartedly. If you dont like where you're living, then **** off and live somewhere else. Dont moan about it, just do it. Thats why I'm heading to Oz.

I can see totally why we are refered to as Whinging Poms by the Aussies. I'll be running through the airport stark bollock naked and singing with joy when I finally get to fly away from this cold, gray little island of 65 million W.P's.

Nice to see the standard of Pom coming is not improving , your parts may strink this time of year in Australia , thats if you have any balls?

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

[Have you been expelled from every other forum on the net, if so how did you find this one you moron? [/QUOTE]

oooh i'm so hurt!.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond reputerajj has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by badgersmount
eh?! hostility!! why?!

no problems mate. If you care to train with me you can. (If you can keep up!!). if you want to come around - i'll offer you a beer!! (if you drink!!)

Make mine a cold VB!.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.