Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried, No choice where we move!!!

Worried, No choice where we move!!!

Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Worried, No choice where we move!!!

We are due to arrive in Towoomba on 14th Nov this year, due to husband's job with the Aus Army, we obviously have no choice where we live. He will be working at the Aviation school in Oakey. Anyone any experience of this place. It looks very nice from info I have found, just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience of it. Nerves are starting to hit in now, but keep trying to tell myself it is just another posting!!!!!

Thanks Kat xx
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:48 am
Just Joined

rabbitstew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Worried, No choice where we move!!!

Cant help with the area as we are in Brisbane, OH has also joined ADF and im just looking at it as another posting. If you look at it that way you'll love it no matter what its only 2 years, It wont be the worsted posting you've had. And is like my MQ its the best ive ever had.

Tracey

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
We are due to arrive in Towoomba on 14th Nov this year, due to husband's job with the Aus Army, we obviously have no choice where we live. He will be working at the Aviation school in Oakey. Anyone any experience of this place. It looks very nice from info I have found, just wondered if anyone has any first hand experience of it. Nerves are starting to hit in now, but keep trying to tell myself it is just another posting!!!!!

Thanks Kat xx
Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We had no choice either, for the exact same reason, but I love where we ended up - in fact I was thinking this afternoon that this might be the nicest house I ever live in!! It will certainly be the cheapest massive house I ever have! ('have' in the loosest sense of the word!) And besides, it's always 'just another posting', for better or worse, depending on your point of view.
On the plus side, with the forces you always have an instant network to become a part of if you want to. I usually stay on the fringes myself, but it is undeniably a great way to make acquaintances & get some social invites very quickly. Not all bad!
Would it be a hideous security risk if we set up an ADF spouses thread...?
(Stricly non-operational gossip & girly tips!)
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:04 am
Banned

Aussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud of

I think you have done OK and touched Lucky, I really like toowoomba, tipped to become a very popular place in the future with its own CBD. Nice views, countryside etc and a lot bigger than you would expect.

I like it there and sad that I did not know about it before we settled Bayside.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Thanks for the responses, an ADF forum sounds great to me, they have them in the British Army for wives etc, so why not in Aus!! I know it is just another posting and should be used to them by now.

The main thing I am looking forward to is a better house, though at present we have been told that their is not a house available yet, due to husbands rank and nothing in his size allocation, sounds strange but they told us he is entitled to a certain square foot, so have to wait for one to come in.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
Thanks for the responses, an ADF forum sounds great to me, they have them in the British Army for wives etc, so why not in Aus!! I know it is just another posting and should be used to them by now.

The main thing I am looking forward to is a better house, though at present we have been told that their is not a house available yet, due to husbands rank and nothing in his size allocation, sounds strange but they told us he is entitled to a certain square foot, so have to wait for one to come in.
Hmmm.... you should either get bumped up a rank (very nice!) but pay same contributions, or get the option of finding a private rental which they will subsidise as if it was defence housing. Both sound like good options to me!