Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

worried about exporting your dog!!

worried about exporting your dog!!

Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough
Default worried about exporting your dog!!

Hi. just thought i would let all you dog lovers out there know that we have exported our pet dog...she is very sensitive and highly strung.. on collecting her from byford quanentine i expected a quivering mess... out she bounded full of the joys.. they looked after her so well... with no problems..so dont worry... its a lot easier than you think.. used airpets and they did everything for us..
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: worried about exporting your dog!!

Originally Posted by chatty66
Hi. just thought i would let all you dog lovers out there know that we have exported our pet dog...she is very sensitive and highly strung.. on collecting her from byford quanentine i expected a quivering mess... out she bounded full of the joys.. they looked after her so well... with no problems..so dont worry... its a lot easier than you think.. used airpets and they did everything for us..
Hi there
Although we do not have any pets, being an animal lover it is always nice to hear good news about a good experience.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Where did you/they fly into ? We have two dogs, and although we are not
'visa ready' to travel yet, it's something we have to think about, in the near
future, hopefully. Thank you for adding this info;

Regards Lin
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

dogsbody is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: worried about exporting your dog!!

glad to hear you had a better experience than us with your pet.we used animal airlines in cheshire, and they ripped us off big time, without actualy doing much for there money !! The crate they supplied looked like a kid had knocked it together at play time !! and i ended up doing all the paperwork and chasing vets etc myself. The whole episode made me remember why i was leaving the god forsaken place !
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been very impressed with the staff at Byford. Last week my cat had diarrhoea for a couple of days and the staff were brilliant with him.

When I have been to visit him I have found the kennels clean, any observations about the animal have been written down and noted and the staff seem really nice.

Gordon has lost a bit of weight - to be expected, but otherwise he seems to be doing well.

We used Ryslip Pet Group and cannot recommend them highly enough. A vet I used to work for also knows them well and recommends them.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:33 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

and the dog wasnt looking ruff at all? strange.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by home alone
Where did you/they fly into ? We have two dogs, and although we are not
'visa ready' to travel yet, it's something we have to think about, in the near
future, hopefully. Thank you for adding this info;

Regards Lin
hi lyn.. she went to perth and then on to byford..we used airpets at heathrow and they were really helpfull and didnt mind me prattling on about will she be ok etc,etc,etc!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by this charming man
and the dog wasnt looking ruff at all? strange.
wha wha whaaaa!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have been very impressed with the staff at Byford. Last week my cat had diarrhoea for a couple of days and the staff were brilliant with him.

When I have been to visit him I have found the kennels clean, any observations about the animal have been written down and noted and the staff seem really nice.

Gordon has lost a bit of weight - to be expected, but otherwise he seems to be doing well.

We used Ryslip Pet Group and cannot recommend them highly enough. A vet I used to work for also knows them well and recommends them.
they are really good there arent they...even suggested we put boots on mollys feet to protect her paws from the hot road...ahhh!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dogsbody
glad to hear you had a better experience than us with your pet.we used animal airlines in cheshire, and they ripped us off big time, without actualy doing much for there money !! The crate they supplied looked like a kid had knocked it together at play time !! and i ended up doing all the paperwork and chasing vets etc myself. The whole episode made me remember why i was leaving the god forsaken place !
sorry to hear about your experience.. hope all is well with your dog now...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

fly2hi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chatty66
Ditto, ditto, ditto..Labrador..Airpets..Heathrow..Byford..couldn 't fault the service at either end.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:59 am
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

hi just thought i'd send you quick message, my dogs were meant to be on the way from england as i write this, but just got a phonecall from my mum saying they'd had to take my dogs off....i have a staffie and a westie, the staffie is scared of fireworks and freaks out at them, the company flying them had got them in the crates and on the runway and my staffies freaked, he's chewed through the crate and spilt his water so they took them off, just wondering if you have any ideas on what we can do???they're trying them again on monday but i know he'll freak again, my mum was actually meant to fly to oz today to emmigrate but if the dogs aren't coming my mum won't come either.......i really really need any advice on anything you think will help my dogs!!

i'd be sooooooo grateful!!

i've thought if they put my dogs on the plane first so they're not just sat on the runway, they're also in quarantine now at the airport, wish they'd let my mum onto the runway to calm him a bit while they put him on but can't see them letting her do that!!

thanks

katy
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nursekaty
hi just thought i'd send you quick message, my dogs were meant to be on the way from england as i write this, but just got a phonecall from my mum saying they'd had to take my dogs off....i have a staffie and a westie, the staffie is scared of fireworks and freaks out at them, the company flying them had got them in the crates and on the runway and my staffies freaked, he's chewed through the crate and spilt his water so they took them off, just wondering if you have any ideas on what we can do???they're trying them again on monday but i know he'll freak again, my mum was actually meant to fly to oz today to emmigrate but if the dogs aren't coming my mum won't come either.......i really really need any advice on anything you think will help my dogs!!

i'd be sooooooo grateful!!

i've thought if they put my dogs on the plane first so they're not just sat on the runway, they're also in quarantine now at the airport, wish they'd let my mum onto the runway to calm him a bit while they put him on but can't see them letting her do that!!

thanks

katy
hi katy... so sorry to hear your distressing story... i do wonder why your export company didnt use a sturdy box... the one we had was strong wire mesh and wood an elephant couldn't of got out of there... i would check to see if they can upgrade the box... also I'm sorry to say that most dogs will freak at the beginning... my sister is a vet and had done export work... the consolation is that once the plane is stable and in the air its dark ,warm amd the mostly go to sleep.. as long as your dog is secure he will settle .... good luck sorry again you've had such a worrying horrid time... let me know how you get on..chatty
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:57 am
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

thanks chatty

yeah they've ordered a sturdy plastic box for him so hopefully they'll put him on the plane....do they still put the dogs on even when they're freaking???cause surely my soft arse staffie isn't the only dog to have ever got scared!!!!