Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

worn out gone Friday.

worn out gone Friday.

Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default worn out gone Friday.

Hello one and all,we have finally got there,hand the keys back tomorrow and fly on Friday.

So just a quicky to thank everyone who's offered advice good or bad,it has all been useful in one way or other.Not sure if i'll be able to get to a computer over the next weeks,as our stuff doesn't arrive until 16 dec:scared: .We must have gotten the slowboat to Aus rather than the slowboat to China.

Catch you all soon (as we can)and hopefully offer some good advice from the real side,not the rose coloured,land of dreams,milk and honey.OH forgot the flies
Who knows I might even change my name to P.B. or Wilf and come on with a grumble(I must say I've missed Wilf since we last heard of him in NZ on his hols).

Thanks again catch you all soon.
The Oggies
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you all - look forward to hearing from you when you get to this side of the world! Keep posting, I think those poor souls still waiting need some encouragement from those of us that have made it! I think I left my rose-coloured specs on the plane, but it hasn't made any difference, its still beautiful here. Bit worried though - I honestly haven't seen a fly since I got here on Friday...... I shall now get mugged by a whole gang of them later today, you watch!
As for the 16th December - my ***** shippers are saying "possibly March", so you're lucky!

Have a good flight!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Don't worry Pollyana - all the flies are in Perth! One persistent little blighter was intent in getting up my nostril yesterday, obviously no taste!

Chris - have a good journey. Don't worry, it's all worth it!

Loopy
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:03 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: worn out gone Friday.

Originally posted by chris hogan
Hello one and all,we have finally got there,hand the keys back tomorrow and fly on Friday.

So just a quicky to thank everyone who's offered advice good or bad,it has all been useful in one way or other.Not sure if i'll be able to get to a computer over the next weeks,as our stuff doesn't arrive until 16 dec:scared: .We must have gotten the slowboat to Aus rather than the slowboat to China.

Catch you all soon (as we can)and hopefully offer some good advice from the real side,not the rose coloured,land of dreams,milk and honey.OH forgot the flies
Who knows I might even change my name to P.B. or Wilf and come on with a grumble(I must say I've missed Wilf since we last heard of him in NZ on his hols).

Thanks again catch you all soon.
The Oggies
YIPPEE!! Well done.

Our stuff took three months, so December is pretty good.

Enjoy the journey. Let us know when you've arrived safely.
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by downunderpom
YIPPEE!! Well done.

Our stuff took three months, so December is pretty good.

Enjoy the journey. Let us know when you've arrived safely.
Hey Steve you'll know when we are there as we'll be in Perth and all our kids(5 for those who don't know)have a new uncle and will be at your door on saturday arvo.
Thanks all.

PS Polly I'll send some flies over withthe young uns to send your way
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Chris & Co, the flies would have put me off Perth for good! LOL

Seriously, we do get flies here in Brisbane, but not like the guys in Perth describe, thats just :scared: . Flies are everywhere in Australia, its part of life unfortunately.

Anyway, have a safe trip
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:25 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hey Steve you'll know when we are there as we'll be in Perth and all our kids(5 for those who don't know)have a new uncle and will be at your door on saturday arvo.
Thanks all.
PS Polly I'll send some flies over withthe young uns to send your way
G'day Chris!!

I'll get in a few bags of lollies!!! Hope they fancy Wonderland Sydney - biggest theme park in the southern hemisphere, with the Australian Wildlife Park right next door. Mind you - there's a 16 foot saltwater croc there, so they'd better behave...... :scared:
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by MrsDagboy

Seriously, we do get flies here in Brisbane, but not like the guys in Perth describe, thats just :scared: . Flies are everywhere in Australia, its part of life unfortunately.

Anyway, have a safe trip
I can remember the buggers from when I was a nipper in Adelaide,Rowena can't remember them and she lived in every state and for longer than me,maybe they just go for POMS
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, have a safe trip
I can remember the buggers from when I was a nipper in Adelaide,Rowena can't remember them and she lived in every state and for longer than me,maybe they just go for POMS
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Anyway, have a safe trip
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:42 pm
I like kittens.

Ease up on the 'send' key, mate! Yer stutterin'!!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by downunderpom
Ease up on the 'send' key, mate! Yer stutterin'!!
Sorry chaps even the 'puter is rebelling today,I did only click once honest .Nothing appears to have gone right nearly sliced two of my fingers off today with a stanley knife oowww,landing with bandaged fingers on Sat.

Everything is taking yonks to load tonight
Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:02 am
WBB

take your time chris, you do want to make it in one piece dont you?

have a good trip, cant wait to hear from the other side.

Old Nov 6th 2003, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by welshboybilly
take your time chris, you do want to make it in one piece dont you?

have a good trip, cant wait to hear from the other side.

CIDER William
Old Nov 6th 2003, 4:05 am
WBB

CIDER William

aarghhh no....only my mother calls me william

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.