Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worldcare pet transport

Worldcare pet transport

Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Stefjt will become famous soon enoughStefjt will become famous soon enough
Question Worldcare pet transport

Hi, was wondering if anyone has used this company, or any other recommendations? We are looking at taking our staffie cross dog to Sunshine coast next year. How did the whole process go, how have your dogs recovered from the ordeal??

Stef & Lee
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Re: Worldcare pet transport

Originally Posted by Stefjt
Hi, was wondering if anyone has used this company, or any other recommendations? We are looking at taking our staffie cross dog to Sunshine coast next year. How did the whole process go, how have your dogs recovered from the ordeal??

Stef & Lee
Hi there,

We have gone with airpets they were a little more expensive but when we took our GSD there to be measure i was well impressed with the staff attitude and how helpful they were to us giving us advise and showing us around even showed us where they make the wooden crates and which size our dog would go in.

They are also right on the doorstep to Heathrow airport so there were planes flying above us whilst we there and it didnt bother our dog one bit really put my mind at rest.

I reccommend taking your pet there and ask them to measure he/she as you will get an accurate costing to.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mum01753
Hi there,

We have gone with airpets they were a little more expensive but when we took our GSD there to be measure i was well impressed with the staff attitude and how helpful they were to us giving us advise and showing us around even showed us where they make the wooden crates and which size our dog would go in.

They are also right on the doorstep to Heathrow airport so there were planes flying above us whilst we there and it didnt bother our dog one bit really put my mind at rest.

I reccommend taking your pet there and ask them to measure he/she as you will get an accurate costing to.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info, I will look into Airpets as well!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the info, I will look into Airpets as well!
try getsforpets we shipped westie over were very good , were able to call daily to see how he was no probs apart from vet in uk did not have a clue how to prepare dog for trip and paper work check that out with your reg vet they do not all know whats required and watch out for them aded lepto to boosters less than 6 months b4 you plan to leave
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Davensara is an unknown quantity at this point

Stef & Lee
Hi How much did they charge for your GSD, my Lab cross is about the same size and needs to go to Perth
Old Oct 4th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Davensara
Hi How much did they charge for your GSD, my Lab cross is about the same size and needs to go to Perth
Hi dave n sara,

The quote for my GSD with airpets was £2291. this does not included the permit as we already had it and also vet bills and Byford station is extra too.

A bloody lot of money a!

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:55 pm
mrg
Just Joined

mrg is an unknown quantity at this point

Stef & Lee

Hi Stef and Lee,

i used worldcare to get to Australia and all i can say is they were fantastic on every level! well worth the money they were efficient compassionate and very thorough especially on keeping me informed on all information unlike others i shopped for.

Gd luck on your move!
Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I used Worldcare and everything in the UK was fine. When I got to Oz they seemed to forget about me and I eneded up having to pay bills myself to get my dog out of quarantine and organise the last leg of the journey which was a flight from Sydney to Brisbane that I had already paid for myself.

I was reimbursed the money and got an email saying sorry. For £3300.00 I expected more.

Dog is fine.

Mick
Old Oct 5th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone. The dog seems to be the most worrying part of emigrating for me! I have contacted worldcare for more info and still waiting to hear more than a week later!! not a good start...