Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

World Weather Changes - ie flooding in UK ect...how is it in OZ?

World Weather Changes - ie flooding in UK ect...how is it in OZ?

Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:23 am
togooff&things

Default World Weather Changes - ie flooding in UK ect...how is it in OZ?

With all the problems of flooding and storms that is affecting most of UK and a vast number of other wordly locations - what have been the recent changes in climate in Oz generally speaking? Where I am in Edinburgh - snow seems to be a relative thing of the past now - and we're supposidly freezing up here!

Old Jan 11th 2005, 11:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: World Weather Changes - ie flooding in UK ect...how is it in OZ?

Very hot in Melbourne today, around 38 degrees. I believe Adelaide was about same if not hotter with strong winds.
They are now having problems with bushfires, 8 dead at last count I heard on the radio.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by togooff&things
With all the problems of flooding and storms that is affecting most of UK and a vast number of other wordly locations - what have been the recent changes in climate in Oz generally speaking? Where I am in Edinburgh - snow seems to be a relative thing of the past now - and we're supposidly freezing up here!
Interesting question. This year queensland (well my bit the SE corner) has had a really mild summer and spring, temps seem to be well down on last year, yesterday was 26! probably because a cyclone is off the coast.

We have only had one major storm, usually january has daily storms and about 10 degrees hotter than yesterday. Winter was full on drought, 5 months without a spec of rain many places looked like a ravaged dust bowl. All green and lush again now, we have had rain just not the storms.

My guess is the weather is just too calm and cool, the heat and storms will hit probably with some severity around February.

One thing I cant comment on, only having been here 5 years but just about every aussie you meet will tell you australias climate is much hotter than it used to be.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:08 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There have been studies showing the normal rain clouds that form over the south of the country over winter are moving further south hence the increasing frequency and severity of droughts. This year is thankfully cooler but the trend is not downwards.

I wonder how rising sea levels will affect a lot of the new waterside/canal fronted properties.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

boo2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by togooff&things
i know it`s not related at all to this thread but i had to say
" cardiacs "
am i right?
pm me
boo2