Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working on a working holiday visa (Perth)

Working on a working holiday visa (Perth)

Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:52 am
Just Joined

CK in Aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working on a working holiday visa (Perth)

Hi everyone!

My partner has been here in Perth almost a month on a working holiday visa. (I've got dual citizenship - yippee!).

Anyhow, it seems that a lot of places won't even look at him for jobs (even temp jobs!) because of the visa. He's not after anything great, just something in Perth metro to keep him going for a while (we're going for spouse visa once we've lived here together for long enough).

Does anyone know of recruitment agencies eg. temp places who will actually take on working holiday visa people? And not want to send him 2000km out bush?

Any tips and advice would be most welcome!

Cheers,
CK
Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working on a working holiday visa (Perth)

Originally Posted by CK in Aus
Hi everyone!

My partner has been here in Perth almost a month on a working holiday visa. (I've got dual citizenship - yippee!).

Anyhow, it seems that a lot of places won't even look at him for jobs (even temp jobs!) because of the visa. He's not after anything great, just something in Perth metro to keep him going for a while (we're going for spouse visa once we've lived here together for long enough).

Does anyone know of recruitment agencies eg. temp places who will actually take on working holiday visa people? And not want to send him 2000km out bush?

Any tips and advice would be most welcome!

Cheers,
CK
In all honesty, why would an employer hire someone they know they can only retain for a maximum of 6 months? Even if he only wants to pick up bar work he's going to need the correct certificates and again, not many employers want to hire and train someone who is going to only be with them a few months.

If he goes to any of the youth hostel/backpacker's type places they usually have notice boards up for casual work. He may find something there.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

Have you looked on Seek? They have a section where you can select working holiday. I have also sent you a PM of the website of the company I work for as they also take people on
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:31 am
Just Joined

CK in Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks John - much appreciated. I'll have a look into both.

Thanks again!
CK