Reload this Page >

Working visa to student visa

Working visa to student visa

Old Jan 16th 2017, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

3coljos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working visa to student visa

Hi All,

after reading through most of the threads cant find one similar to mine to ask a few general questions.

I am 25 years old owned a family business for the last 8 years, however coming out of school with only A level no skilled trade or no university. the chances of me getting a visa for Australia is non.

however with the business hitting the final stages of selling and having a sister in Australia already and visited a few times i would like that life too .

My sister is a nurse out there and her husband is an electrician so for them it was an easier process as they ticked many boxes. my mum and dad are due to move over in the next couple of years however with being 25 i am not dependent on them no more. so the laws say so i cant get a visa that way.

If anyone has any ideas i was thinking of going over on a 12 month working visa and once there look into the education colleges etc. i have done my research over her with international visa and currently have a solicitor looking further into it.

After all that i was wondering if anyone could offer any more advice of which avenues are best to take. anyone been in a similar situation and has a complete different route for me.

Any advice is better than no advice
thanks Josh
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 2:41 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Working visa to student visa

any body got any ideas at all ??

Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that the vast majority of people who study in Australia on student visas have to leave after their study. The reason being is that in order to qualify for a skilled visa you need to pass a skills assessment. This is combination of proving qualifications and post qualification experience. So, because you would not have the post qualification experience that most occupations require, you can't pass the skills assessment. There are a couple of exceptions such as nursing, medical doctors, accountants. However, there is even with these the risk that by the time you qualify, the occupations are no longer available under the skilled route.

At the same time, you would be paying international fees. Much more expensive and receive no government support.

My advice would be to look at what occupation you would like to develop into and study in the UK

The last remaining relative is a none starter by the way as the current processing time is 56 years.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your advice