Reload this Page >

Working Visa over 30

Working Visa over 30

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

fattyandgyps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working Visa over 30

Hi Everyone,

Im an Australian going over to the UK to visit my fiance for a few months. Im trying to find out if I can get a visa to work while Im over there or is it only for people between the age of 17 - 30 ?.. Im over 30 !

Thanks in advance

gyps
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Working Visa over 30

Originally Posted by fattyandgyps
Hi Everyone,

Im an Australian going over to the UK to visit my fiance for a few months. Im trying to find out if I can get a visa to work while Im over there or is it only for people between the age of 17 - 30 ?.. Im over 30 !

Thanks in advance

gyps

The WHV you're talking about has a pretty strict cut-off date unfortunately. Have you had a look at the British Immigration website, I think all the visa's are listed on there.... what about a fiance visa of sorts??
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mlbonner
The WHV you're talking about has a pretty strict cut-off date unfortunately. Have you had a look at the British Immigration website, I think all the visa's are listed on there.... what about a fiance visa of sorts??
Hi there,
thanks for the reply... My fiance and I have been to hell and back over the past twelve months, he has applied for a fiance visa to come to Oz but it has been put on hold until he has had an operation and has the ok from the doctor. I am going to go over there as we have been apart for a year now and we just cant go on like this anymore, I was just hoping that there was a way that perhaps I could work for the few months that I was going to be over there.
Cheers
gyps
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:33 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi there,
thanks for the reply... My fiance and I have been to hell and back over the past twelve months, he has applied for a fiance visa to come to Oz but it has been put on hold until he has had an operation and has the ok from the doctor. I am going to go over there as we have been apart for a year now and we just cant go on like this anymore, I was just hoping that there was a way that perhaps I could work for the few months that I was going to be over there.
Cheers
gyps

Hi,

I remember your posts previously about this I think, thought the name was familiar. Done a bit of digging around, UK Visas seem to be the ones that handle visa's for the Home Office, the contact details are on that link. Maybe get in touch??
Old Mar 24th 2005, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I remember your posts previously about this I think, thought the name was familiar. Done a bit of digging around, UK Visas seem to be the ones that handle visa's for the Home Office, the contact details are on that link. Maybe get in touch??
Thanks so much for your help, I'll see what I can find out from the site ... and yes, I posted here last year when we started with our first prospective marriage visa, so much has happened since then, a lost application, 2 medicals, 3 xrays, the wrong visa being granted, DIMIA not being able to find my fiance on their computer system after granting the wrong visa, a medical problem arising in between all the mayhem ... the list goes on..
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:07 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Thanks so much for your help, I'll see what I can find out from the site ... and yes, I posted here last year when we started with our first prospective marriage visa, so much has happened since then, a lost application, 2 medicals, 3 xrays, the wrong visa being granted, DIMIA not being able to find my fiance on their computer system after granting the wrong visa, a medical problem arising in between all the mayhem ... the list goes on..

Just think about how good it will be once you get the visa sorted... I thought I felt relief, you guys will be over da moon
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Just think about how good it will be once you get the visa sorted... I thought I felt relief, you guys will be over da moon
Yep we'll be over the moon alright... especially if DIMIA can find my fiance's 3rd xray and his passport that they requested him to send in when the wrong visa was granted in early December... he rang them a few weeks ago and was told " no we still cant find you on the computer system but if you give me your personal details now I will put you on the system and mark your case high priority... and.... "no we havent found your xray and passport yet .."but we think we know where it is" ahhh thats DIMIA for you!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:16 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance

gyps
Last year the position was such that one could apply for the WHM visa up to and including the day before your 31st birthday. Don't know it this is any use, but I can confirm it works.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 4lex
Last year the position was such that one could apply for the WHM visa up to and including the day before your 31st birthday. Don't know it this is any use, but I can confirm it works.
Thanks for the reply 4lex..but Ive actually had my 40th birthday!!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:48 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Thanks for the reply 4lex..but Ive actually had my 40th birthday!!
I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds.

What about the de-facto spouse visa route?