Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working in Perth

Working in Perth

Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

MAINGENIGEE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Perth

Hi. Anybody know anything about Fremantle hospital, the mental health side? I have just been offered a job. Thanx

Gee
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Perth

Originally Posted by MAINGENIGEE
Hi. Anybody know anything about Fremantle hospital, the mental health side? I have just been offered a job. Thanx

Gee

Don't know nothing about the mental health side of things.......... but the hospital on the whole I can't praise enough.

We'd been playing cricket on the park at Wanneroo with the lads and my dad was feeling a bit crook............ short of breath and what have you. We put it down to his age............. at 75 I guess you expect that sort of thing?

A quick visit to his GP and next day he was booked into Freo hospital where they did urgent remedial work on his heart. Apparently one of the valves on his heart was playing up and it needed replacing........... pronto.

No messing about............. he was in quick sharp, operated on ............. and the after-care treatment was first class.

Dad's big worry was he had no insurance and the bill for the cardio team was 30 grand plus!!!

He had us as back-up but the hospital was absolutely brilliant; they wouldn't take our money and medicare picked up the full tab.

It's dad's 85th birthday next week................ without the aid of Freo hospital he wouldn't still be here.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Working in Perth

Originally Posted by MAINGENIGEE

Gee
Dont know about the Mental Health side but as a nurse I have only heard good things from nurses who work there. It has a good reputation for how it treats nurses. Try posting on the nurses forum you might get more replies. Good luck with the job.
Tracie