Working as a GP

Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

sarahjd100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Working as a GP

Hi

I have been offered several jobs as a GP in the central coast and also Wollongong area in NSW. I am extremely excited about the prospect of possibly moving to Australia. However, Im not sure if I am being realistic? My husband is a pilot with British Airways and will be commuting back to Heathrow London! He can go part time but will probably be in Australia for 3-4 weeks and then away for 2 weeks. Hence, we have to be near Sydney for him to commute with British Airways.

We have 2 boys aged 7 and 3 years. I have looked on the internet at "The Central coast grammer school". This seems a good school. Does anyone have knowledge regarding good schools in this area? Also near corrimal/Illawara? We currently live in Windsor and send our children to a great school and with staff travel we are able to travel all over the world. But the weather is sooo cold and as I grew up in South Africa I would love an outdoor lifestyle for our children. I am flying out this week to have a look at South Sydney/Wollongong and the Central coast region. Any tips or helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2011, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Re: Working as a GP

Sarah - you have so many options available to you .....why not look in a warmer area? We live on the Sunshine Coast and the weather is amazing, as is the lifestyle. It's an amazing place to raise children, and there are some excellent schools in this area.
You have a skill that can take you anywhere - why not look where you want to live? The options for a GP are there too !
Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Hi Sarah

I can't help with Wollongong but the Upper North Shore area (Hornsby, Wahroonga etc) suburbs are a useful halfway point between Sydney airport and the Central Coast, which may well suit. Still in Sydney, but closer to the coast for your work. Try to utilize the train lines here, as it will make life easier for your family if they need to catch transport to schools.
Best of luck.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Cashewsnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah

Have you moved yet?

I'm a GP too, boys aged 6&3, looking to move to N Sydney later this year to work.

was looking at Wollongong, Wyong and north Sydney ..
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]"The Central coast grammer school". This seems a good school.[/QUOTE]

Don't think I'd send my kids there.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

michael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud ofmichael_w has much to be proud of

If you want some inside info from other Australian GPs, including several UK/South African expats, join the 'nat-div' mailgroup. You have to apply by email as it is a closed group, but all GPs are welcome.

http://ozdocit.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nat-div