lisamcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: working in fitness industry

Thanks Wendy, any help is very welcome
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:11 pm
Lisa McL

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I haven't done any of the BTS courses yet but I hope to do them when I get there. I am a Body Combat addict so that was going to be the next thing on my list. We are hoping to settle in Brisbane providing my hubby can get himself a job he likes (IT). If that doesn't work out we will have to head to Sydney.

Where are you?

Lisa
x
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:13 pm
Lisa McL

Hi again Angie, just saw your next comment. I was a memeber of REPS (level 4) I think. I didn't renew it last year as I stopped working for a bit, but I have my certificate for it from before. Do you reakon that would still be OK? Lx
Old Sep 17th 2006, 11:14 pm
Lisa McL

Good for you Bordy, hee hee!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:41 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisamcl
Hi again Angie, just saw your next comment. I was a memeber of REPS (level 4) I think. I didn't renew it last year as I stopped working for a bit, but I have my certificate for it from before. Do you reakon that would still be OK? Lx
Hi Lisa

i would seriously recommend that you contact REPS and rejoin before moving to Oz. Fitness Australia work alongside REPS and will automatically register you subject to a valid senior first aid certificate.
We live in Victoria Point in Bayside and love the area. I am sure you will find work within the fitness industry here without any problems.
If you have any other queries pm me and i will help in any way i can.
Angie
Old Sep 18th 2006, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

silversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant futuresilversurfer has a brilliant future

Hi All,
What's the money like working in the fitness Industry?
I know people say do what you enjoy, but if you have to put food on the table for the little ones, it becomes a matter of salary too.
Can personal/group fitness Instructors get paid well or would you generally have to open your own gym, to be a financial success in this industry?