Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Banks.............Again!!

Bloody Banks.............Again!!

Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Bloody Banks.............Again!!

Recently moved from Kinross to Kinross..........redeemed one mortage with Westpac bank, took out another for new place. Are you with me so far?
Last week we get a letter from Westpac advising us that we have redeemed a mortgage (we know!), and if we take out a new mortgage with them we will be reimbursed with the costs that we occurred from the bank when we settled.

Fine by me................I fill in the forms and get them off to Westpac.
Get a call today to say we are not eligible. Why says I?
We have done all what is required. Redeemed one mortgage, took out another............ Ah...........they said. You have to take the mortgage out AFTER the date which appears on the letter, which was dated after we moved!!!!

What a crock of sh*t
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:30 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Banks.............Again!!

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Recently moved from Kinross to Kinross..........redeemed one mortage with Westpac bank, took out another for new place. Are you with me so far?
Last week we get a letter from Westpac advising us that we have redeemed a mortgage (we know!), and if we take out a new mortgage with them we will be reimbursed with the costs that we occurred from the bank when we settled.

Fine by me................I fill in the forms and get them off to Westpac.
Get a call today to say we are not eligible. Why says I?
We have done all what is required. Redeemed one mortgage, took out another............ Ah...........they said. You have to take the mortgage out AFTER the date which appears on the letter, which was dated after we moved!!!!

What a crock of sh*t
becky says you should of read it properly then
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perthforme
becky says you should of read it properly then
Getting clever are we steve?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 1:45 pm

Getting clever are we steve?
No not me i've been on the phone ask your sidekick , you know the one with the bump !!!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Just revived my old thread on WestPac bank!!

As said previously, on this one I was like a dog with a bone, there was no way I was giving in, and neither was West Pac.

Cut a long story short.......today I get a call from Ollie, the mortgage advisor at the local branch.

My account has ben credited with $900!!!

Thankyou very crutch says I!!!!

Never give in to banks!!!
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:23 pm

Just revived my old thread on WestPac bank!!

As said previously, on this one I was like a dog with a bone, there was no way I was giving in, and neither was West Pac.

Cut a long story short.......today I get a call from Ollie, the mortgage advisor at the local branch.

My account has ben credited with $900!!!

Thankyou very crutch says I!!!!

Never give in to banks!!!
Can i borrow a tenner