Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working on Christmas day

Working on Christmas day

Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Lewis2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working on Christmas day

Anyone else out there working on Christmas day, if so what are your plans for what you have left of the day.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:46 am
mil
Forum Regular

mil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working on Christmas day

Yep, working 7am - 7pm, then back to my empty flat for my Christmas treat of 4 cans of John Smiths bitter. Oh the joys of Christmas
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mil
Yep, working 7am - 7pm, then back to my empty flat for my Christmas treat of 4 cans of John Smiths bitter. Oh the joys of Christmas
4 cans of John Smiths, well that got to be a traditional Xmas.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:24 am
mil
Forum Regular

mil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lewis2
4 cans of John Smiths, well that got to be a traditional Xmas.
I know, its sad isn't it. Beats a turkey though
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:27 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mil
I know, its sad isn't it. Beats a turkey though
Surely some serious overtime though?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Surely some serious overtime though?
You must be joking
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

You must be joking
I was going to be but I conned my supervisor into signing off on a months holiday instead
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else out there working on Christmas day, if so what are your plans for what you have left of the day.
Have to work it. . . just too much $$$ to turn down!!

Start at 230pm so still get to have Christmas eve n morning with hubbie n kiddiewinks!!

Mandy
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Yes...

I have myself, hubby, 2 teens, 2 adult visitors and their 11 year old son as well as 2 adult friends and their 3 young girls to cook a traditional christmas 3 course lunch for!!

I WILL be working for sure!!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Working night shifts, 6.30pm - 6.30am, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

great eh?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noggin
great eh?
Unfortunately it means that while the MiL is here I will either be asleep or at work......
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:57 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Wife is working 7pm 24th-7am 25th then sleeping....
I'm on call 6pm-11pm 24th so will be sober....

25th I'll have to take the kids out of the house so wife can sleep, and then 26th we're spending all day driving....

joyous...
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:04 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Unfortunately it means that while the MiL is here I will either be asleep or at work......
who did you bribe for those shifts
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr PP is working.

I plan to make my own picnic and go to South Beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.