Reload this Page >

Workers already in NZ

Workers already in NZ

Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:13 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Workers already in NZ

Hello,

Does anyone know how this new Skills catagory will affect those already in nz on work visa or those about to go?

Will you still be able to somehow apply for PR out there?

Tigger
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:45 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Workers already in NZ

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hello,

Does anyone know how this new Skills catagory will affect those already in nz on work visa or those about to go?

Tigger
For NZ....

Chances are you will be able to renew your Visa yearly, but unless you are picked from the new pooling system, then it's unlikely you'll get PR...sorry. There's one way around it - a job offer that's permanent with an accredited employer paying $45K plus...

Rich
Old Nov 13th 2003, 8:52 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by theguitardoctor
For NZ....

Chances are you will be able to renew your Visa yearly, but unless you are picked from the new pooling system, then it's unlikely you'll get PR...sorry. There's one way around it - a job offer that's permanent with an accredited employer paying $45K plus...

Rich
Just wondered what you mean by an accredited employer, my husbands got a job with a small town bricky in Christchurch, granted he will be earning more than $45k but his new boss is not some massive company or anything and we have just got our pr visas.
Is it something to do with the skilled shortage list.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hello,

Tigger
Heres the link to the new skilled category pamphlet...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...PDFrevised.pdf

I think you'll be better off now,as having a job already gets you 60pts, the new rules really seem to be geared towards those with jobs already.

HTH.
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:03 am
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sky
Just wondered what you mean by an accredited employer, my husbands got a job with a small town bricky in Christchurch, granted he will be earning more than $45k but his new boss is not some massive company or anything and we have just got our pr visas.
Is it something to do with the skilled shortage list.
An accredited employer is someone that can recruit offshore - there's a list of them on the NZIS site. They apply each year and do not have to justify if they employ foreigners. If they pay more than $45K then you can work to residence after 2 years. If you feature on the skills shortage list, then you will be fine if you have a PR application in already .. only those yet to apply will have to go into the new pooling system.

Rich
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:18 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

An accredited employer is someone that can recruit offshore - there's a list of them on the NZIS site. They apply each year and do not have to justify if they employ foreigners. If they pay more than $45K then you can work to residence after 2 years. If you feature on the skills shortage list, then you will be fine if you have a PR application in already .. only those yet to apply will have to go into the new pooling system.

Rich
Thanks Rich

Has that just come about with the new policies then cos cant imagine husbands new boss going to all that trouble applying for permission etc. Or were NZIS just going by that hubbys job was on the shortages list
When we went to submit our applications in London they basically without saying it (if you know what I mean) implied they dont very often turn down uk applicants so maybe they might be more inclined to help peeps like yourself so sad you are planning on leaving NZ
Old Nov 13th 2003, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

For NZ....

Rich
Hi Rich, sorry to read your last post, hope things work out...you might get your LTBV soon, you never know!

With the new policy I'd say that someone with a job, or offer, would have a very high chance of being selected. Including quals, exp etc you could easily be looking at 150pts plus, & remember there'll be 000's applying just over the hundred mark.. Still early days I guess, but I don't think there's too much to worry about..

Anyway Rich, take it easy & best wishes to the missus..

Gra..
Old Nov 13th 2003, 10:46 am
Life's next chapter is?

Originally posted by Gra.B
Hi Rich, sorry to read your last post, hope things work out...you might get your LTBV soon, you never know!

With the new policy I'd say that someone with a job, or offer, would have a very high chance of being selected. Including quals, exp etc you could easily be looking at 150pts plus, & remember there'll be 000's applying just over the hundred mark.. Still early days I guess, but I don't think there's too much to worry about..

Anyway Rich, take it easy & best wishes to the missus..

Gra..
Cheers Gra,

The trouble lies with the fact that the missus stated that if we came to NZ before the Business application was approved, then she would get a job and we'd be alright. |After her illness spate, she lost all interest in getting a job (though she had an offer on the table...but the PR withdrawal killed that one as it wasn't "ideal" and thus not necessary now the PR cat was suspended). This leaves me feeling deflated and I am struggling to find the motivation to wait 6 months and then go hell for leather to try and establish the business. I'm already having to let my contacts down weekly with a "sorry the paperwork is not sorted as yet".... I didn;t want to come over early in case it didn;t work out...and it looks like my gut feeling was right...

If there's one piece of advice I can offer, it's that...be patient, time will come, jumping the gun will create stress and hardship. Heck, maybe even divorce...who knows.

Rich