Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

work visa and school fees

work visa and school fees

Old Aug 25th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough
Default work visa and school fees

Hi I'm just trying to get some information about whether you have to pay school fees, regular run of the mill schools rather than private, as an international student if you are on a work permit rather than a P.R. visa.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: work visa and school fees

Where are you going?

Don't quote me on thsi but I believe that you pay A$ 4500 per child per year in NSW but have been told that these fees don't apply in WA (i.e. Perth).
Not sure about other states.

Someone more qualified will be along to confirm / refute these facts no doubt!

Cadman
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firn
Hi I'm just trying to get some information about whether you have to pay school fees, regular run of the mill schools rather than private, as an international student if you are on a work permit rather than a P.R. visa.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Hi , my friend is on student visa, she pays 7000 a year in the state school, hope this helps.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

firn will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies, I am looking at the melbourne area but also have in mind Brisbane.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:30 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, I am looking at the melbourne area but also have in mind Brisbane.

check the education department website for the state/territory you plan to settle in.

Jeremy
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:34 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help?
Thanks
We are here on a 457 visa, and would have had to pay $4500 p.a. in Sydney for school fees. We are settling in WA and there are no fees to find there for public schools at primary level.

Whether it is the same for other states, I don't know.

HTH.

Sue
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

DSC_AU will become famous soon enoughDSC_AU will become famous soon enough

Yes I think his right.. It depends on the state ehre you are located.
So where are you located?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

BettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura aboutBettyBoop has a spectacular aura about
Wink Re: work visa and school fees

Originally Posted by DSC_AU
Yes I think his right.. It depends on the state ehre you are located.
So where are you located?

We are going to Queensland on the Sir Visa (temp.visa) and there is no school fees applicable to primary age children.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Just like what ive said, It depends on location
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

anyone got links to the education authorities websites?

my mate is going to perth on a 457 visa so W.A. particularly

thanks,

cadman
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cadman

thanks,

cadman
I dont have any list of that, but i hope this can help.. Its a list of school and university list in Australia
http://www.globalvisas.com/page293.aspx?section=16
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,

cadman

You start at the state government website and find it from there.

For WA it's http://www.wa.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
You start at the state government website and find it from there.

For WA it's http://www.wa.gov.au

Jeremy

thanks for that J, what a nightmare of a site that is! couldn't find education section at all.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

thanks for that J, what a nightmare of a site that is! couldn't find education section at all.

Hi,

The info on school fees for WA are on here http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ hope it helps.

Claire