Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work tool question..

Wikiposts

Work tool question..

Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Default Work tool question..

The time between our belongings being shipped and our flights might not be too far apart, so is it possible to take a tool-box of essential small tools on the flight rather than shipping them all as my OH will need them to start work with before the container arrives? Will the airline charge an extortionate amount if we can take them?
Thank you.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:19 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Work tool question..

Hi Parh,
hello from Oz, We are from plymouth, have been here 3 n half months now...did we meet up at warner village ???

im not sure about the tools,i would give the airline a ring and ask them...

Jo
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hi Parh,
hello from Oz, We are from plymouth, have been here 3 n half months now...did we meet up at warner village ???

Jo
Hi Jo. Yes you met us we came to your house the week before your leaving do!! How you doing?? Jamie has been sponsored now and we're off to the Gold Coast in January. Just got an offer on the house on monday!! Can't wait.. it's blinkin freezing this evening!!!
Paula
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Parh,

Jo
Are you still there Jo??
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:53 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Paula,
it was the parh name i didnt recognise, glad its going well for you and jamie. January will come round so quick. good luck and keep in touch, i will pm you
Jo
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

Hiya Paula,
it was the parh name i didnt recognise, glad its going well for you and jamie. January will come round so quick. good luck and keep in touch, i will pm you
Jo
Great, speak to you soon!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

rightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to allrightruccus is a name known to all

Originally Posted by parh
The time between our belongings being shipped and our flights might not be too far apart, so is it possible to take a tool-box of essential small tools on the flight rather than shipping them all as my OH will need them to start work with before the container arrives? Will the airline charge an extortionate amount if we can take them?
Thank you.
I don't know for sure, but i'd imagine you'd be able to put them in the hold, but definitely not as hand luggage as they might be seen as offensive weapons i.e. screwdrivers etc.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:31 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rightruccus
I don't know for sure, but i'd imagine you'd be able to put them in the hold, but definitely not as hand luggage as they might be seen as offensive weapons i.e. screwdrivers etc.
Take a look at Excessbaggage.com they might be able to ship your tools out for you i have seen them used by some other ppl on here before.

Good luck
Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by parh
Thank you.
We did exactly that! My husband sent most of the tools with the container, but bought a brand new tool box, and put all the essentials in there, we brought it on the flight as part of our luggage, no problems. We flew with Singapore airlines and had double baggage allowance. Just check the maximum weight for each individual piece of luggage (it's a health and safety thing) Didn't cost us anything as we were within the wieght limit. It has to go in the hold with the rest of the suitcases, but they did put it in a locked cage. No problems with it at all.

Nicky x