Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ice hockey in Brisbane, anyone play?

Ice hockey in Brisbane, anyone play?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:53 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ice hockey in Brisbane, anyone play?

My husband and I have just moved here from Canada and are looking to join a hockey team.

I've got some contact numbers from the website and I'll be giving them a call pretty soon. I was just wondering if anyone on here plays, and if they have any idvice.

Haley
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ice hockey in Brisbane, anyone play?

Yep, my other half plays for two teams, the Southern Stars (www.starsicehockey.com.au) and I think it's the Rhinos. Can you tell I don't go to see him play often

Anyway, there are two main rinks in Brisbane at Acacia Ridge and Boondall (both Iceworld - www.iceworld.com.au). There is also a rink on the Gold Coast at Bundall. He usually plays twice a week, always a Sunday for a game and weds/thurs for training. Be aware tho that figure skaters get preference times so you'll often find icetime starting at about 9pm at night for hockey. Loads of Canadians play so you definitely won't be the odd one out! Check out www.ausicehockey.com and http://www.ihq.org.au/

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:07 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen a couple of those links.

I'll be looking into it next week. I know we've just missed the winter season so we'll have to wait for the summer league to start.

Right now we're just debating which level we should be in. I think my husband would be in level 1 and I might be in 2 or 3. I'll have to ask them to see what they think I guess.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:29 am
Canuck/Aussie

We're just about to make some calls. Just thought I'd bump this up to see if there's anyone else who plays because we're looking to get on a team.