Work problem

Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Work problem

I am currently in the process of complting all the documents for emigration. I have been with my current employer for nearly 11 years now.

My question is, if I was to resign now and get another UK job on a short term contract, would that effect my application in any way?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:46 am
Emigrated 24/11/07

jellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud ofjellibaby has much to be proud of
Default Re: Work problem

Originally Posted by seat151
I am currently in the process of complting all the documents for emigration. I have been with my current employer for nearly 11 years now.

My question is, if I was to resign now and get another UK job on a short term contract, would that effect my application in any way?
It might depend on how far down the application ladder you are and what type of VISA you are applying for. For our 496 Skilled I had to get my qualifications verified by VETASSESS and had to have worked in my job area for 3 years to qualify. It did not actually say whether the work had to be continuous with the same emloyer but the feeling I got from our agent was that it "helped" to have been with the same employer for 7 years. I had to provide a work reference and contigious pay slips as well to prove employment. Other people might have better advice but you might want to check with an agent (if you are using one). All the best.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

gamequeen88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work problem

i need to read law book firstly, but i think there is a problem.