Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

Wikiposts

The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:05 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by Grayling
You can now.

That is what all the new work 'reforms' were about.

G
That's exactly what I was trying to alert potential migrants to on another thread. But you know the old saying " There's none so blind as those who will not see"
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:36 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by kiwichild
That's exactly what I was trying to alert potential migrants to on another thread. But you know the old saying " There's none so blind as those who will not see"
kiwi, the "dismissal" law doesn't apply to everyone; only businesses with 100 employees or less. There's no doubt that this will have a huge impact on the Australian workplace, but it's not exactly the end of civilisation as we know it.

Plenty of countries have legislation which makes Australia look like a big fluffy pillow - and I'm willing to bet that NZ isn't exactly the land of milk and honey, either.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 11:22 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
kiwi, the "dismissal" law doesn't apply to everyone; only businesses with 100 employees or less. There's no doubt that this will have a huge impact on the Australian workplace, but it's not exactly the end of civilisation as we know it.

Plenty of countries have legislation which makes Australia look like a big fluffy pillow - and I'm willing to bet that NZ isn't exactly the land of milk and honey, either.
UK legislation is far more in favor of the employee
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Breezey
UK legislation is far more in favor of the employee
Thanks for everyones comments ,though a few are out of order BREEEZEY... just to give you a update ,i rang the office today that deals with Traineeship..and guess what ..they had NO paperwork regarding my son,he was conned right from the off...AND like you said BREEZY theres nothing wrong with being employed to help out when they have a busy period,but he could of just taken him on a casual position then there wouldnt of been a problem,,its the lies i DONT like..
Though like the saying goes theres good and bad everywhere.so hopefully he will have better luck next time
HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS BEEN SAID OK >>>BREEZEY if not dont bother to read my threads anymore..
Thanks to everyone else who has been so kind and understanding.
sue
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Thanks for everyones comments ,though a few are out of order BREEEZEY... just to give you a update ,i rang the office today that deals with Traineeship..and guess what ..they had NO paperwork regarding my son,he was conned right from the off...AND like you said BREEZY theres nothing wrong with being employed to help out when they have a busy period,but he could of just taken him on a casual position then there wouldnt of been a problem,,its the lies i DONT like..
Though like the saying goes theres good and bad everywhere.so hopefully he will have better luck next time
HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS BEEN SAID OK >>>BREEZEY if not dont bother to read my threads anymore..
sue
All the best to your lad, Sue, I know where you are coming from. We are mums at the end of the day and we dont like our kids being sh..t on.
Denise
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:06 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

just to give you a update ,i rang the office today that deals with Traineeship..and guess what ..they had NO paperwork regarding my son,he was conned right from the off...
That's absolutely disgusting!

You should report his bastard ex-boss to the Department of Consumer and Employee Protection.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:12 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

sue
OK but again-would you like to go back to the "PC" world of the UK -where EVERY WORD you utter at work might be held against you?
So he called an job a "trainee" position that wasnt a real trainee position.
And if that boss(or your son) didnt particularly like a group of people and dared make comment he also wouldnt be hurled in front of a court-and I am going through such an experience now...in fact I will post a thread on it. You will not believe it.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

You should report his bastard ex-boss to the Department of Consumer and Employee Protection.
Yes im going to make a few more phone calls later in the week,cos tomorrow its my sons 18th and dont want to spoil things for him by going on about it,but im definatly going to report it ,so hopefully another poor kid wont suffer,the guy i spoke to today couldnt believe it and kept checking his computer for details,but couldnt find my son name,he told me to take it further too.
will let you all know the out come
sue
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:21 am
Banned

I see you really are assimilating to England-so what-again in australia freedom of speech still exists.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

TheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really niceTheRutters is just really nice

OK but again-would you like to go back to the "PC" world of the UK -where EVERY WORD you utter at work might be held against you?
So he called an job a "trainee" position that wasnt a real trainee position.
That's called a commitment. Contract law and reasonable expectation are not 'PC' but binding agreements.

I'll offer you a position at $50 per hour and then pay you $15, my defence is that every word I utter should not be held against me.

No wonder you're having problems with your own workforce.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TheRutters
That's called a commitment. Contract law and reasonable expectation are not 'PC' but binding agreements.

I'll offer you a position at $50 per hour and then pay you $15, my defence is that every word I utter should not be held against me.

No wonder you're having problems with your own workforce.
I am not certain all trainee type jobs require registration-it does depend on industry and job.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 12:51 am
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

I see you really are assimilating to England-so what-again in australia freedom of speech still exists.
This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with giving people a fair go.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

large companies are splitting into small companies to make sure as many work places as possible have less than 100 employees.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:40 am
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: The work place agreement SUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
large companies are splitting into small companies to make sure as many work places as possible have less than 100 employees.
I can't see that working for everyone - certainly not in the long term.

There wouldn't be too many companies who are capable of doing this successfully.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:44 am
Banned

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with giving people a fair go.
How abut giving business a fair go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.