Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work Permit Query - NZ

Work Permit Query - NZ

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

CaptainPasta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Permit Query - NZ

On the NZ immigration site, it says that you need a obtain a work-permit BEFORE you enter the country (i.e. you can't just turn up and ask for one).

You can't obtain a work-permit without a job offer (apparently), so its a bit of a catch-22...

If you arrive as a visitor (I'm a UK citizen) and manage to get a job offer, do you have to leave the country before you apply for the work permit?

Am I getting this completely wrong?
Old Apr 23rd 2002, 9:43 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permit Query - NZ

Hi captain!!

What work do you do??

Have you looked on the internet for agencies??? Or local 'job papers'...they tend to advertise for people who want to migrate to oz or nz

Im hopefully going to oz...so thats all I can help you with...I know as far as my profession - I found a nursing agency in an on-line nursing magazine and emailed them.

Yvonne
Old Apr 24th 2002, 6:50 am
Banned

newstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the roughnewstartnz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Work Permit Query - NZ

Pasta,

How many points would you get under a general skills application (age, work experience, assets, education, spouse education etc)? If you got at least 20 points, you would be free to go work in NZ. (Within certain restrictions.)