Reload this Page >

Work Experience Only???

Work Experience Only???

Old Mar 16th 2005, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Mich22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Experience Only???

Hi all,
I have only just jooined this site and its all very new to me. I am trying to find out whether quals are a must for an Office Manager. I have years of exp. but no education after secondary school. Have been trying to get info on the VETASSESS website but it seems, no quals, no talk to you. HELP!!! Can anyone advise me.

Thanks.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 12:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience Only???

Originally Posted by Mich22
Hi all,
I have only just jooined this site and its all very new to me. I am trying to find out whether quals are a must for an Office Manager. I have years of exp. but no education after secondary school. Have been trying to get info on the VETASSESS website but it seems, no quals, no talk to you. HELP!!! Can anyone advise me.

Thanks.
For Vetassess migration skill assessment, formal qualifications are an absolute must.

Only for ACS (IT practitioners), TRA (tradesmen) and AIM (senior managers) is it possible - although very difficult - to pass on work experience alone.

Jeremy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Work Experience Only???

Thanks for your reply Jeremy. BUT Oh no! That's a never ever for me then...unless i go and study perhaps?? Is that an option?? Australia would be so sad not to have me (LOL) that i jut have to explore every option.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 11:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Mich,

I made it on work experience only.
A company sponsored me on a 457 temp visa.
They had to prove they couldn't fill the position from within Aus.
That was not too hard in my case as there are very few people in Aus with any experience in my industry.

If you think your experience matches that scenario I have to say you do have a chance if you can find a sponsor.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Bix,

Thanks for that. I suppose there are ways around everything and sometimes its hit and miss. Gonna get me a sponsor. So what do you do, your line of work?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:34 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the mining industry.

Although there is lots of that over here there is very little knowledge of the mineral I am involved with.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mich22
Bix,

Thanks for that. I suppose there are ways around everything and sometimes its hit and miss. Gonna get me a sponsor. So what do you do, your line of work?
You need to accept that you're going to find it hard to obtain a sponsor if the employer can just hire the Australian next in line. You need pretty special skills or an occupation in real demand in Australia.

Jeremy