Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work around Mandurah

Work around Mandurah

Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:14 am
Just Joined

on-the-move is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work around Mandurah

Visited W.A a few weeks ago and must admit we stayed to the north of the city, but have really taken a liking to Mandurah. We are looking for advice on work prospects for a carpenter/builder and hairdresser, we are looking to move by about April next year or if something interesting comes up it could be sooner, all help appreciated Also what are the good areas, we will be looking to rent for a while until we find the place where we want to build.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work around Mandurah

Hi and welcome.

We live in Mandurah and have for the last 2 years and love the place. I cant say a lot about work there as i fly out to work, but chatting to some builders at a new big housing development called Frasers Landing they were saying they couldnt find enough staff. There are no shortages of hairdressing salon in the area so i dont think you would struggle.

There are lots of places that i would recomend you have a look at to live - Frasers being one of them. New houses and very good value for what you get.

We are in Dawesville and love it - very peacefull, though in the beach side, known as Southport it is pretty expensive. Port Bouvard is nice and there are some bargains to be had.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

on-the-move is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply,
Any advice on areas to live would be good and also areas to avoid. As I saw from or visit there is a huge amount of building work going on and I am confident that I will pick up some quickly, but its just nice to hear others say its still busy.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Most areas of Mandurah are nice, i prefer south of the town.