Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wording for reference from estate agent

Wikiposts

wording for reference from estate agent

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:40 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default wording for reference from estate agent

Hi guys! Does anyone have a good reference that their estate agent wrote that you used when renting property in Australia? Would you be able to share the wording? Our estate agent is happy to do a reference but doesn't know what to say. Thanks ! Katy x
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:46 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wording for reference from estate agent

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Hi guys! Does anyone have a good reference that their estate agent wrote that you used when renting property in Australia? Would you be able to share the wording? Our estate agent is happy to do a reference but doesn't know what to say. Thanks ! Katy x
They really aren't that fussy out here. So long as it says you really rented a place, paid on time and didn't trash the place she'll be right.

We gave several references, personal and business and only one was taken up.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:24 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
They really aren't that fussy out here. So long as it says you really rented a place, paid on time and didn't trash the place she'll be right.

Interesting
Old Nov 29th 2005, 5:38 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel

Thanks Worzel! That's the problem really because we haven't ever rented a place, always owned. I might just get him to say that the place was in good decorative order and that we are nice people!! Never know it might help having something to take with us!

Originally Posted by Breezey
Interesting
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:04 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katy

We had same problem...never rented in UK. My estate agent was happy to write me a reference. Wording was as below:-

To Whom It May Concern:

1st September 2005

XXXXXXX OFFICE

Dear Sirs

Re: Miss Wendy XXXXXXX
Sale of Flat 1/2, 35 XXXXXXXX XXXXX, XXXXXXXXX, Glasgow, GXX XXX

We refer to the above client and write to advise that we marketed this property which was a two bedroom first floor flat within a popular residential area.

The property internally was in excellent condition taking only one week to sell and producing many interested parties. In our opinion the property had been extremely well maintained by Miss Edgar which resulted in a quick sale.

Please do not hesitate to contact the writer (agents email address) should require more information.

Yours sincerely

XXXX XXXXXXXX
Property Sales Manager
XXXXXXX Office

Hope this helps.

Wendy
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:06 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Worzel! That's the problem really because we haven't ever rented a place, always owned. I might just get him to say that the place was in good decorative order and that we are nice people!! Never know it might help having something to take with us!

If you haven't rented then (again in our experience) all they want is someone in Australia to give a personal reference. That has nothing to do with local laws etc just that the lazy so and sos don't want to have to stay at work late to make a call to the UK to check it out. Ours admitted that to us.

We got a reference from the company we used for 3 weeks accomodation on arrival and they were fine with that.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

You could get a letter from your morgage company to say you always paid on time etc. We never needed a ref just paid 3 months in advance.

Jo
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:17 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Katy

It's not something you will always be asked for, it depends on your agent and the individual landlord, but if there are more than just yourselves applying for the house then the more "ammo" you can give the agent the better.

A letter from your agent stating that your home was in good condition when they sold it and that whenever they visited the home it was well presented is realy all your agent can do, but, it would be useful to get a reference from your mortgage provider too, stating that your mortgage was always paid on time and never in arrears.

Lynn
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joho
You could get a letter from your morgage company to say you always paid on time etc. We never needed a ref just paid 3 months in advance.

Jo
This sounded like a good idea to me so I phoned my mortage company (Alliance & Leicester) and they said they would not provide anything like this. All that is available is my annual mortgage statement (which I think I've binned, oops) plus they would send a final statement on completion on request.

For us we haven't rented since just after graduation (10+ years) since I bought a place as soon as I had my first permanent job. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed a large bank balance and an offer to pay extra months in advance will be enough if needed.