Reload this Page >

Word of Warning!!

Word of Warning!!

Old Sep 17th 2003, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Word of Warning!!

Hi All,
Just heard some alarming news on OZ brekfast telly this morning, I know there are varying views on the housing market, but the so called experts are predicting a bank rate of 10% by 2005-6. I know this will have an affect on the market value of houses, ie prices dropping, but for those buying now at the top end of the boom it could be a bit dodgy. Initially they say the rates will increase moderately starting from the end of the year.

I am aware that a UK rise is imminent, so I would think once the rate rises in the UK, exchange your money before the Aus interest rate starts to hike up.

I am no expert on these matters, just thought I would inform those who are interested what I heard this morning. We are going to hang on before we jump in the housing market, renting is cheap enough in these parts (Rockhampton).

Cheers
Gary
Old Sep 17th 2003, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Word of Warning!!

Originally posted by garywarby
Hi All,
Just heard some alarming news on OZ brekfast telly this morning, I know there are varying views on the housing market, but the so called experts are predicting a bank rate of 10% by 2005-6. I know this will have an affect on the market value of houses, ie prices dropping, but for those buying now at the top end of the boom it could be a bit dodgy. Initially they say the rates will increase moderately starting from the end of the year.

I am aware that a UK rise is imminent, so I would think once the rate rises in the UK, exchange your money before the Aus interest rate starts to hike up.

I am no expert on these matters, just thought I would inform those who are interested what I heard this morning. We are going to hang on before we jump in the housing market, renting is cheap enough in these parts (Rockhampton).

Cheers
Gary

Yeah they have been saying for a year at least the 2006/2007 thing. Govvy standard issue to stop Aussies getting into debt. Interest rates wont go up just yet, we are looking like heading for another drought and bushfire season, plus we already have the highest rates in the Suburban world.

Be a bit careful, these messages were out last year too, what happened, houses went up around 50% round here and 20 - 100% in other parts.

Plus if rates did go up, the dollar would soar, I mean where else can you invest at OZ rates now?

Chill, its all standard issue to stop spending. After a while here you get to read the OZ media gov tricks make your own judgments too.