woodvale

Old May 11th 2006, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

birchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant futurebirchway has a brilliant future
Default woodvale

Hi there
we will be moving to perth within the next few months so Ive been looking at different suburbs ,woodvale has come out on top,does anyone have any information on this area or does anyone live there?
Any help would be most appreciated
Any ideas on any other suburbs would be great these what we need.
1.a good secondary school
2.a 10/15 min drive from the beach
3.shops and restaurants not too far
4.a train link to perth

and a pub with plenty of English and scousers would be a real bonus!!!!!

thanks hayley & steve xx
Old May 11th 2006, 8:38 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: woodvale

Hi,

I lived in Woodvale all the way through my highschool years - 1988 - 1992 before moving to Joondalup and then moving back to England!

Woodvale is a great little suburb and the High School is fine! Have a lot of great memories of attending there

My folks built their house there when there was very little housing around and the shops had not even been built.

I went to Woodvale Primary the year it opened in 1987 (year 7) and then obviously Woodvale High.

You have good bus network 465 (from memory) which takes you either to Joondalup or Whitfords stations and you also have Edgewater station near (depending on where in Woodvale you are). Also, straight down Ocean reef Road and you are practically at the beach.

My Dad and Step Mum have put an offer on a house in Woodvale - so nowt wrong with Woodvale

Good Luck!
Old May 11th 2006, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Birchway,

We went to Perth in Jan 2005 and from what we remember and have researched since, Woodvale and some adjacent suburbs come out best for us.

Looks like we could be neighbours soon!

We arrive in Perth on 21st May and have a trip east for a vacation (hopefully while our UK house is sold) and then serious househunting starting with Woodvale.

Good luck,

Jon
Old May 11th 2006, 10:17 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birchway
Well there is 'the moon and sixpence' pub in Woodvale which is a nice English style pub. Also got 'the old bailey' in Joondalup!

see the website here for the 'moon and sixpence' Woodvale Moon and Sixpence

and Woodvale high school Woodvale SHS

Old May 12th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
we will be moving to perth within the next few months so Ive been looking at different suburbs ,woodvale has come out on top,does anyone have any information on this area or does anyone live there?
4.a train link to perth

thanks hayley & steve xx
I drove through Woodvale for the first time the other day, and thought some of the streets were among the most attractive I've seen so far in suburban Perth. Very leafy. loads of open space. Decent school, pub, close to station, Whitfords, etc. Very attractive suburb, in my opinion. I've heard good things about Kingsley, Woodvale, and Edgewater. I think Woodvale is the most expensive of these three.
Old May 12th 2006, 5:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

we are looking in Woodvale at the moment too. There is nothing for sale there at the moment and what does come on goes within days if not hours.
Old May 12th 2006, 5:16 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
Well there is 'the moon and sixpence' pub in Woodvale which is a nice English style pub.
When we first got out here we went to view a house in Woodvale and when I saw the pub told Sam this was going to be the house we rented. But as soon as we got out of the car there was an over-powering smell like sewerage coming from somewhere so we got straight back in the car and drove off. (There is a treatment works nearby according to the map)

There is a reason they say don't judge a book by its cover! We also looked at Padbury but decided it looked really rough - all sorts of junk scattered around the verges. Of course, we now know about bulk refuse collections
Old May 12th 2006, 6:01 pm
Back in OZ!

sewage treatment plant? Can't say I have noticed the smell, and I used to live there.

Weird
Old May 12th 2006, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

There is the Craigie Sewage Treatment Plant on the other side of the Mitchell Freeway - I guess it depends on which way the wind blows.

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
sewage treatment plant? Can't say I have noticed the smell, and I used to live there.

Weird
Old May 12th 2006, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Hi there
4.a train link to perth

thanks hayley & steve xx

I think you would love Woodvale. This is where we set our heart on moving to when we did our recce two years ago, but feel it's probably out of our price range now, so are looking at other areas. I can highly recomend 'the moon and sixpence' pub. We went in there loads while we were there the food was lovely!! Think it meets all your requirements, the park area's are lovely and it's handy for everything. Good luck, Nicky x