Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

woo hoo!!! Back online!!!

woo hoo!!! Back online!!!

Old May 3rd 2005, 11:59 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default woo hoo!!! Back online!!!

At long last....it seems like an eternity....but I'm back online!!!!!!!

I feel like I've come out of isolation!!!!

Things have been going ok for us so far....

We got the kids into schools first....well...after getting a rental of course....but the kids and school was a priority as they would have been either murdered or at least severely maimed if they didn't get out of my hair pronto... My younger 2 have settled really well into primary school...they've only been in school since last weds and have already got loads of mates. My eldest who's 15 and in yr 10 is taking a little longer....its still very much early days and I'm certain he'll be fine. I don't think its helping going to diff classrooms all the time for his subjects as he's not seeing any one kid for long enough to get to know them. But he seems happy enough...he says its ok and the other kids are friendly to him so I'm not too worried yet. Neither school has asked me for any proof of immunisations at all....so getting those was a waste of money, but hey...shit happens.

Our stuff hasn't arrived yet...but its due on the 6th May so hopefully not too much longer after that. Even though we shipped all our kitchen stuff we've still had to go out and buy an incredible amount of stuff like pans...utensils..cutlery..plates......so whatever you budget for as your initial outlay for general 'stuff'...calculate it then double it!!!!!!

We bought new beds here for the kids as their uk ones we very tired, but we've shipped our bed. The beds we got them have extra mattresses underneath them that slide out...so me and the old man are sleeping on those at the mo until ours gets here.....but we've also had to buy all the bedding for 5 beds....quilts...covers...pillows...sheets....its all very time consuming too as when you first arrive here you don't really know where to shop....all the things you take for granted in the uk like just 'knowing' where's got good quality stuff and what shops to avoid all just blows out the window and you're thrown into complete confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!........well I was....and its quite overwhelming at times. We ended up buying a note pad that's become like a 'bible' to us now...everywhere we went and we saw stuff we'd write it down...otherwise you forget where the hell you've been AND how to get back there!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the book has come in very handy just for writing the endless lists of stuff you have to do...I know at the moment I can't live without it!!!!

As for work.....neither of us have any yet but the old man has a job interview tomorrow. Its for a job he saw in the local paper. He phoned up...but the bloke said if he had no sparky licence he was no good to him....fair enough..but hubby asked if he could send his cv anyway. The bloke said 'if he really wanted then yea' Hubby almost didn't bother as the bloke really didn't want to know because of the licence issue. But when the bloke got it and read it he phoned us up and offered an interview!!! He said if he's the right bloke for the job he'll help him get his licence!!!!! So fingers crossed eh???

Right well thats it so far in the artep clan....I'll keep you posted about hubby's job..
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: woo hoo!!! Back online!!!

'Welcome Home'!!!!!

Hiya mate..............I also used a notebook, still use it now!!! Found it very useful. I had to buy a load of stuff that we already had. but was stuck somewhere in the middle of the Indian Ocean, on our container.
Jake will be fine......just takes a little longer for the older kids to settle. although they wont admit to it, they are a little more sensitive. He will be fine....'no worries' LOL
Old May 3rd 2005, 12:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Cor, I feel like we've come out of isolation

Know what you mean about the shopping Petra.
We are still learning in that respect.

Good luck to hubby for the job m8.
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to here from you glad all is going well!!

All the best with the job hunting & keep us updated

Sue
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Good to hear from you, know what you mean about being back online not quite sure how gonna cope with that, been away camping at weekend, not in a wi-fi hotspot, so no internet access sad!!! lol

pleased to hear the kids are settling in school will be job no 1!!!! lol

take care and keep us all posted

Chris
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're back on line - now get your drinking skills into practice! I can't wait to meet you now and put a face to the name/posts/text messages!
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:56 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Petra,
Sound like things are going really well for you. I'm sure your 15 year old will have tons of mates soon. Look after each other.
Sraah
Old May 3rd 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there petra.
good to hear from you ,im sure you ll soon get sorted out,keep us informed hoe your getting on wont you.

we wont be long coming ourselves,i think about 7wks all being well,havent had much time to get online lately,to busy trying to sort things out here,cant wait to meet up for a

catch up with you soon,tracey
Old May 3rd 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

hello petra
good to hear from you, it seems strange having a discussion about something other than your house! haha. I will now have to take over that role having had my house on since october

Im very glad that you have started to settle and im sure your son will do soon. its always good to jear from you and keep us informed of how you are getting on.

Hopefully we will be on our way to melbourne this year but who knows?
Take care
irene
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:28 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Glad to hear your settling in, bet you can't wait for your stuff to arrive
Good luck and keep us posted
Carole
Old May 4th 2005, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Petra,
Good to have you back, look forward to seeing you on the 28th,
Michaela
Old May 4th 2005, 12:21 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear from you "from the other side"! Sounds like you are making cracking progress. Good luck on the job front.

Binbird
Old May 4th 2005, 12:38 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Petra,
Glad alls goin well,im sure your eldest will settle at school pretty soon,just give it time,our Andrew was the same for the first few weeks,now he,s off doing what teenagers do

Good luck to you both on the job front,best of luck for hubbys interview x

Donna.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:58 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby's interview went well he reckons.....so you never know. The money's not that good but hey its work. He's off to Brisbane tomorrow to see about getting his electrical licence. He has another potential interview next week too through an agency.

We bought a car today..... second hand cars are bloody pricey!! It's a daewoo something or other (a saloon)...don't ask me.........all I do is drive 'em and occasionally put fuel in.. Anyway its got 75km's on the clock...its 5 years old and cost 10k AUD. Please don't tell me now we've been ripped off...I don't want to know I'm so sick of shopping for stuff....it could be a cut and shut for all I care now.. The chap we got it from was very nice tho ...as all car salesmen are The place was called 'Baldy's'....LOL....and yes...the bloke was bald as a coot!! We have to go back there tomorrow to pick up our free bottle of wine he promised us. He's very proud of it as it has his logo on it etc...LOL...Bless. I'm not one to pass up the offer of a free bottle tho...hehehehehe

I'm off to uni tomorrow to see what they can do for me....is there any hope for me I wonder...
Old May 5th 2005, 11:04 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya petra,
glad to hear its all going well for you!!!

whats Buderim like?

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.