Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wont be sorry to say goodbye to the tax man

wont be sorry to say goodbye to the tax man

Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:55 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default wont be sorry to say goodbye to the tax man

bloody tax man,my agent dropped me in it at the last moment,he asked me for some form off the tax just before i sent him my application package.

14 to 21 days for the bloody tax man to send me the letter,you would think i had my own case officer and secretary at the inland rev all the money they have off me.21 days oh well.

i am forty in October and loose 5 points,cutting it fine eh. :scared:

oh well :beep. wont be sorry to see the back of that tax credit man either.

Last edited by aston man; Sep 8th 2006 at 7:58 am.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:14 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wont be sorry to say goodbye to the tax man

Originally Posted by aston man
bloody tax man,my agent dropped me in it at the last moment,he asked me for some form off the tax just before i sent him my application package.

14 to 21 days for the bloody tax man to send me the letter,you would think i had my own case officer and secretary at the inland rev all the money they have off me.21 days oh well.

oh well :beep. wont be sorry to see the back of that tax credit man either.
you mean there is acutally somone working in the tax credit office?!
i thought that they just had a random number generator to provide any old figure to send out to people

Tiggs
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you mean there is acutally somone working in the tax credit office?!
i thought that they just had a random number generator to provide any old figure to send out to people

Tiggs
lol just what I was thinking. I thought they were all playing Bingo !
Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:03 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they have one of the old national lottery machines and they use that the thieving ******** !!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:09 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still doing uk tax returns after 4 years....despite telling them.and I've been fined 400 pounds (eh,no pound sign on my keyboard) for late payments
Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

And hello to the ATO, the BAS, GST, FTB, FTA, ABS, Medicare surcharge, Centerlink updates, superannuation choices, CC rebate .....................

Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

Is it not possible to apply now and send whatever additional document is required later on? Did you discuss this with your agent?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jad n rich
And hello to the ATO, the BAS, GST, FTB, FTA, ABS, Medicare surcharge, Centerlink updates, superannuation choices, CC rebate .....................

Personally I've found the ATO a lot easier to deal with than the IR. Also the ATO's electronic filing works a lot better than the IR's version. Whoever set up the UK Government Gateway needs to be shot.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Sep 8th 2006 at 10:23 am.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 12:19 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

Personally I've found the ATO a lot easier to deal with than the IR. Also the ATO's electronic filing works a lot better than the IR's version. Whoever set up the UK Government Gateway needs to be shot.

Yes, they are much friendlier on the phone too - when I called to query my TFN, they were really helpful. Not as officious as possible like the IR were when I requested some help with my P85...

S
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:20 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Remember the late filing penalty in the UK is the lower of £100 and the tax outstanding as at 31 January following the end of the tax year => if there's no tax outstanding at 31/01/2006 in respect of the 2005 Return the penalty will be (or should be) reduced to nil.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
I'm still doing uk tax returns after 4 years....despite telling them.and I've been fined 400 pounds (eh,no pound sign on my keyboard) for late payments
Old Sep 8th 2006, 1:21 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

PS. You should be able to create the £ sign by holding down the Alt key and then typing 163.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
PS. You should be able to create the £ sign by holding down the Alt key and then typing 163.
On some PCs it may be Alt-156.

Old Sep 8th 2006, 2:41 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

Agree totally: you don't always get the info you want but they have always been pleasant and have rung back.

*Trying* to do ETax returns at moment but have to wait for Crimminwealth bank to send figures...........
ETax is much better than the IR one (Which I NEVER got to work) but it still won't accept one number. Will have to phone on Monday.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 5:15 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<

the tax credit people fined me£350 for not getting my form back in time.jeez when i am out of here they can kiss my fat brummy asre.

what do you do about the form next year,you would i suppose have to fill it out before you went?else they would be after you for money back they had paid you this year?

to be honest i dont want to do a duck but i would like to ccompletelyturn my back on them and this country,throw all my boxes and boxes of paper away.
can you do this just ddisappearinto the sunset if you have settled everything before you go or not.

to be honest i dont want them having my address,i have nothing to hide but just want a complete new start,once my bbusinessis gone thats it,iI'moff fishing rod in hand.

is this the case or not.with thanks.

astonman
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Remember the late filing penalty in the UK is the lower of £100 and the tax outstanding as at 31 January following the end of the tax year => if there's no tax outstanding at 31/01/2006 in respect of the 2005 Return the penalty will be (or should be) reduced to nil.

Best regards.
What do you do if you can't get them to send you a tax return? Have twice rung them in the UK and still haven't received one. Have registered for filing one online and am now awaiting my registration details thru the post. Time is running out and unfortunately I owe them........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.