Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wollongong/Sydney

Wollongong/Sydney

Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough
Default Wollongong/Sydney

Hiya - I've just moved to Wollongong from the UK. I'm 33,currently looking for work either local or in the city but I'm really hankering after a few beers and a night out! I'm childless and without a partner but could really do with some like minded conversation - Anyone out there gonna help me ?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wollongong/Sydney

I'll tell my missus, welcome to the Gong

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

AStyle will become famous soon enough

Hey Laura...

I'm moving out in 4 weeks so will give you a holla when I'm over to grab a coffee for sure (I'm 31 and single too!).

Becca
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Laura_TheGoose_Davies
Hiya - I've just moved to Wollongong from the UK. I'm 33,currently looking for work either local or in the city but I'm really hankering after a few beers and a night out! I'm childless and without a partner but could really do with some like minded conversation - Anyone out there gonna help me ?
Wishing I lived closer to Wollongong..... still waiting for our gear to arrive & hubby at work during the day...... boredom now kicking in.

Enjoy the beers
Old Feb 15th 2010, 11:27 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

i'm in figtree (4 years now) its bliss, work in sydney....have a partner and rugrat, but always out and about (wild nights)!!. Happy to meet up in between my crappy shifts...if you need any advice etc about the area let me know
Old Feb 16th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey we're in Figtree too, been here for a year and before that a year in Balgownie. I agree it's a lovely area, we've got 2 kids, girl 15 and boy 11. If ya fancy coming round for a beer or two let me know

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 12th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

Hiya, I'm free on Friday 19th if you fancy coming up to Woonona RSL for a coffee in the morning? I'll PM you my moby as I'm rarely on here and if you want to come you can text me.

Caroline
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 5:44 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carzinoz
Hiya, I'm free on Friday 19th if you fancy coming up to Woonona RSL for a coffee in the morning? I'll PM you my moby as I'm rarely on here and if you want to come you can text me.

Caroline
There seem to be quite a few in the Wollongong area. I am older than you girls but would like to meet somebody for coffees who can understand my accent after being back in England for a year LOL!!
Old May 18th 2010, 7:29 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody having any luck with getting a job in the 'gong?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

GetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys, I am going to subscribe to this thread as would like to make contact when we arrive in Wollongong (hopefully!) in December

I'm looking forward to making new friends already
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

GetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura about

Well, flights are booked and we arrive in the 'Gong on Thursday 16 December!!!!!

We are all sooooooooooo excited!

Already lined up appointments with school/recruitment agency the first week we are there!

If anyone would like to meet up in the New Year I'd love that! Would also appreciate any tips on what to do together before OH starts work, places to eat, etc.

Looking forward to Christmas on the beach!!!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

Xmas in Oz...totally different but totally brill. We go to the beach every year, it's our Xmas day tradition.

Which suburb are you moving to or are you in holiday accomodation to start with?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carzinoz
Xmas in Oz...totally different but totally brill.
Totally different... and totally rubbish IMO. Not a patch on Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere.

As for Gong suburbs... go either North of the city and pay more, or move further South and travel further. It's a massive generalization but most of the suburbs of the Gong itself are not up to much... and I will repeat, that that is, a massive generalization. There are many good areas, just a bit harder to track down.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:31 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Totally different... and totally rubbish IMO. Not a patch on Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere.

As for Gong suburbs... go either North of the city and pay more, or move further South and travel further. It's a massive generalization but most of the suburbs of the Gong itself are not up to much... and I will repeat, that that is, a massive generalization. There are many good areas, just a bit harder to track down.
I agree! (which is unusual ) If you are looking North then Woonona is the place to start and work your way up towards Stanwell Park, but unfortunately the prices (buy or rent) reflect the nature of the suburb. There are nice places in Corrimal, Bellambi and Towradgi but you have to know where they are.

For a night out with live music try Beaches on a Saturday night or Sunday arvo, Ryans Acoustic lounge on level one on a thursday night and The Heritage in Bulli on Saturdays. For a nice lunch with a view go to The Scarborough Pub, and for brekkie, Seasalt on Bulli Beach. Samuels Restaurant in Thirroul is also well worth a visit, especially if you're a wino!

For beaches - take your pick, we have plenty to choose from, though avoid Austimer on weekends and school holidays as the whole of Campbelltown gets there about 6am and fills the place up. Free open air pool at Thirroul and a nice cafe run by a Paddy!

Its glorious living here - you'll love it!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ponyrama, you sound like you know all the good places. Can you tell me a good place to go snorkelling not too far from Woonona?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.