Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wollongong-help needed buying a bed & basics!

Wollongong-help needed buying a bed & basics!

Old Dec 16th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

GetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura aboutGetmetoOz has a spectacular aura about
Default Wollongong-help needed buying a bed & basics!

Hi Guys, we arrived in Wollongong YESTERDAY!!!!

We have managed to secure a nice unit but it is unfirnished, our shipment doesn't arrive for around 3 months so I just need a little help from you to point me in the direction of buying:-

1 double bed
1 zed bed?
and a mix of the basics!!!

Sorry to ask, no time to search the threads - off to school in a mo to enrol then off to get tax file numbers, etc!!!

We are in a hotel for 2 nights then off to the empty unit!!!

Cheers for all your help - any advice is much appreciated!!!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wollongong-help needed buying a bed & basics!

Originally Posted by GetmetoOz

We have managed to secure a nice unit but it is unfirnished, our shipment doesn't arrive for around 3 months so I just need a little help from you to point me in the direction of buying:-

1 double bed
1 zed bed?

Sorry to ask, no time to search the threads - off to school in a mo to enrol then off to get tax file numbers, etc!!!

If you are looking for something low cost and short term, then providing you have a car, I would come up to Sydney and go to Ikea.

If not, then places liek Harvey Norman, Sleep City, Sleeping Giant, etc can be found on the out of town estates.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:15 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have transport? If so I would probably head up to Sydney and go to IKEA at Homebush as you will be able to take home all the stuff you need today (as long as its in stock)

Otherwise you may need to hit the local shops and see what they have available?

You could also look at renting some stuff until container arrives. If you search on here or online there are a couple of furniture rental companies that may be useful

Good luck
Scotty
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:16 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
If you are looking for something low cost and short term, then providing you have a car, I would come up to Sydney and go to Ikea.

If not, then places liek Harvey Norman, Sleep City, Sleeping Giant, etc can be found on the out of town estates.
Great minds!
Old Dec 16th 2010, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GetmetoOz

1 double bed
1 zed bed?

Try Salvos if you just need stuff for the short term.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just seen this one, hope you've settled in ok, probably a bit late for me to tell you anything but King Street Warrawong is pretty good, loads of furniture stores

Take it easy, you'll love the Gong

Steve