Wolf Creek

Old Nov 18th 2005, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

margoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wolf Creek

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's more about that filth Ivan Milat, than the recent Joanne lees thing.

Sub Humans like that filth from NSW, only come around about once every 25 years or so.

Normally I'm against the death penalty, and I think unless one is capable of carrying out the sentance themselves, then most should be. However with subhumans like Milat, I would have gladly pulled the lever.

I dont think I'll be watching this movie reading the news reports were bad enough.

Once every 25 years... uh... how about this guy in Snowtown, SA? I think that wasn't that long ago?
Old Nov 18th 2005, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's more about that filth Ivan Milat, than the recent Joanne lees thing.

Sub Humans like that filth from NSW, only come around about once every 25 years or so.

Normally I'm against the death penalty, and I think unless one is capable of carrying out the sentance themselves, then most should be. However with subhumans like Milat, I would have gladly pulled the lever.

I dont think I'll be watching this movie reading the news reports were bad enough.
Was this movie "wolf Creek " based on a true story? :scared: :scared:
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

No, it wasnt.....I think artisitic license was used from a number of different outback incidents.

SS
Old Nov 18th 2005, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

bleugh is on a distinguished road

DONT go and watch this film,

I'm not a prude or anything, far from it,

the film is pointless, the world would be a better place without crap like this purporting to be based upon a true story

.........would be serial killers, feel free, there's plenty of good ideas in there for murdering and mutilating potential captors
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:14 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: Bl**dy scary film, certainly got my adrenaline going. And as for the head on a stick bit, I nearly threw up in the cinema! Good watch though! I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD to scare my 16 year old daughter.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:17 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Was this movie "wolf Creek " based on a true story? :scared: :scared:
It states at the beginning of the film that it is based on factual events.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi

I went and saw Wolf Creek last night...

OMG!! It is brutal. I thought my partner was actually going to leave the cinema at one point (mind you, I didnt tell her what we were going to see - and I'm bloody glad it wasnt a first date or the relationship would be over). I am so glad I have already done the whole backpacking through the outback thing.

If you havent seen it, then prepare yourself for the best horror film in ages.

And just remember "Head on a stick"!!

Enjoy!!

SS

Sounds great to me!
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:02 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by meelie
Aus has a history of incidents in the outback as well as the backpacker murders and Falconio.

I remember reading a spread in the Sunday paper a couple of years ago called the bastards of the Barkly, said to be responsible for several, I think up to a dozen mysterious disappearances along the length of the Barkly highway in Qld. Now that is a long and lonely road, from Mt Isa to 3 ways.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

Hi

OMG!! It is brutal. I thought my partner was actually going to leave the cinema at one point (mind you, I didnt tell her what we were going to see - and I'm bloody glad it wasnt a first date or the relationship would be over). I am so glad I have already done the whole backpacking through the outback thing.

Enjoy!!

SS
I couldn't watch it and had to leave the cinema before the end.....I found it so disturbing and hideous and couldn't sleep last night...........reminded me of my backpacking days around Australia.

I would like to know what happened though........We left when the dogs were snarling at the young man nailed to the wall..........please tell me it was a happy ending and was all a dream or something.....

When we got home early our dog's "boil" was oozing ( been to the vets today).Can anybody please explain why my husband could sit through "Wolf Creek" without flinching but finds a bit of discharge from the dogs leg so repulsive that I have to deal with it????????
Old Nov 19th 2005, 11:15 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by mary1
I couldn't watch it and had to leave the cinema before the end.....I found it so disturbing and hideous and couldn't sleep last night...........reminded me of my backpacking days around Australia.

I would like to know what happened though........We left when the dogs were snarling at the young man nailed to the wall..........please tell me it was a happy ending and was all a dream or something.....

When we got home early our dog's "boil" was oozing ( been to the vets today).Can anybody please explain why my husband could sit through "Wolf Creek" without flinching but finds a bit of discharge from the dogs leg so repulsive that I have to deal with it????????
He escaped and was found by the roadside by a couple and taken back to civilisation. He was under investigation for several months as they suspected he murdered the 2 girls but he was released without charge. They never found the place where he and the girls were kept and the bodies were never found.
As for the boil, thats reality, wolf creek is pretend.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Wolf Creek is very loosely based upon a true story, with lots of bits and pieces of OTHER gory Aussie stories (rural legends like "urban: legends? ) thrown in.

Having read the reviews and listened to the director's version of what it is about I do not think I will be watching it nor suggesting that anyone I know watch it. There is enough evil in the world without some idiot having to make a film-composite of an imaginary one..or two or three.......If you get your kicks out of human beings being humiliated, de-humanised and tortured why not just turn on you bloody TV and watch the news? Or take out the DVD of Hotel Rwanda and see what real horror looks like. Is that too "real" for you? No you can't stomach enjoying the real thing, but gladly revel in an imaginary evil. Don't you understand that it's equally sick? Bunch of degenerates!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:07 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by G'Day
Wolf Creek is very loosely based upon a true story, with lots of bits and pieces of OTHER gory Aussie stories (rural legends like "urban: legends? ) thrown in.

Having read the reviews and listened to the director's version of what it is about I do not think I will be watching it nor suggesting that anyone I know watch it. There is enough evil in the world without some idiot having to make a film-composite of an imaginary one..or two or three.......If you get your kicks out of human beings being humiliated, de-humanised and tortured why not just turn on you bloody TV and watch the news? Or take out the DVD of Hotel Rwanda and see what real horror looks like. Is that too "real" for you? No you can't stomach enjoying the real thing, but gladly revel in an imaginary evil. Don't you understand that it's equally sick? Bunch of degenerates!
Oh dear I take it you dont like watching gory movies then. Perhaps you are more a 'Care Bears The Movie type! Your response suggests you don't like to be faced with the reality of horror but prefer to ignore it. I on the other hand am aware that there are many horrors in the world and believe they provide a grim reminder of what goes on that many prefer to pretend dont.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

hi there SS,
i saw this film reviewed on a movie show here a few weeks ago. i dont think i could watch it at the cinema as it would freak me out, so i think i'll wait till it comes out on dvd. i dont really like horrors but martin loves them so i suppose i will have to watch it. we watched the fly last night and that really did my head in. i also watched the saw a few weeks ago-is it as bad as that?
cheers

Hi

Enjoy!!

SS
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:39 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Originally Posted by threlly
hi there SS,
i saw this film reviewed on a movie show here a few weeks ago. i dont think i could watch it at the cinema as it would freak me out, so i think i'll wait till it comes out on dvd. i dont really like horrors but martin loves them so i suppose i will have to watch it. we watched the fly last night and that really did my head in. i also watched the saw a few weeks ago-is it as bad as that?
cheers
WORSE!!!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Oh dear I take it you dont like watching gory movies then. Perhaps you are more a 'Care Bears The Movie type! Your response suggests you don't like to be faced with the reality of horror but prefer to ignore it. I on the other hand am aware that there are many horrors in the world and believe they provide a grim reminder of what goes on that many prefer to pretend dont.
Actually I deal with victims of real horrors. ACTUAL people who have been abused, traumatised, de-humanised and terrorised. So no - I do not watch horror movies because I cannot bear to see human terror and anguish being made into a spectacle for the amusement of the insensitive and the stupidly arrogant. Let's see how entertaining you find this kind of crap when your family or you have been in a real life-or-death situation. I guarantee you, it will lose it's appeal instantaneously.

Do not pretend that you watch this kind of rubbish because you want a grim reminder of the "real" world. You watch it because on some level you are sick enough to like the gore and bored enough to want to be scared whilst sitting safely in a cinema. You are the one who wants the adrenalin rush and the terror without paying the real price for it.

Me? I know the real deal, and it isn't exciting or a rush at all. It's just plain sickening and heart-breaking.

I'm an Indiana Jones kind of gal. I like to believe that the good in people will triumph in the end. That evil will not win.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.