Without a loan

Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:49 am
Just Joined

macas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Without a loan

My other thread about getting a loan has been very informative.

Could anybody tell me without the loan would we survive on 46,000 dollars plus overtime. Would things be tight or would we be able to manage without too much trouble.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 10:52 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Without a loan

Originally Posted by macas
My other thread about getting a loan has been very informative.

Could anybody tell me without the loan would we survive on 46,000 dollars plus overtime. Would things be tight or would we be able to manage without too much trouble.
to be honest, really honest, that is seriously tight.

I seem to think you are a welder fabricator?
if you are good , you will soon earn more than that, but 46 is so, so tight
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:00 am
Just Joined

I am a welder/fabricator yes and i also can operate robots and i am a health & safety rep been in the industry since i left school continually gaining knoweledge. I think i am good but i have to big myself up ha ha.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I am a welder/fabricator yes and i also can operate robots and i am a health & safety rep been in the industry since i left school continually gaining knoweledge. I think i am good but i have to big myself up ha ha.

To be honest, I think the company that have offered to sponsor you are taking the mickey with the wage they are offering you. I would think that something like $60k would be more realistic a wage.

May be time to see what else is about. www.careerone.com.au www.seek.com.au

Whatever happens, good luck with it
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:07 am
Account Closed

be careful not to go from frying pan to fire.
you will earn more than 46, but may have to start there.
how well can you budget? seriously budget?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wendy
To be honest, I think the company that have offered to sponsor you are taking the mickey with the wage they are offering you. I would think that something like $60k would be more realistic a wage.

May be time to see what else is about. www.careerone.com.au www.seek.com.au

Whatever happens, good luck with it
you are looking at $20 ph and up for this trade. out with mines etc 60 is top end( $ 30 ph) as a basic.
$ 25 ph is what you should be looking for , plus o/t, super etc
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
you are looking at $20 ph and up for this trade. out with mines etc 60 is top end( $ 30 ph) as a basic.
$ 25 ph is what you should be looking for , plus o/t, super etc

Ooops, my bad I meant $50k

My fingers are going faster than my brain (it's not that hard! )
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Ooops, my bad I meant $50k

My fingers are going faster than my brain (it's not that hard! )
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:25 am
Just Joined

I have applied for loads of jobs but only one offering to sponsor me. I thought the only way to get to Australia was through the sponsored root.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

I have applied for loads of jobs but only one offering to sponsor me. I thought the only way to get to Australia was through the sponsored root.
depends on your circumstances, age etc etc.
if you qualify for a skilled independant visa, this is the route with the most options
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure for welders....give me 5 minutes and I'll look for you
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure for welders....give me 5 minutes and I'll look for you

OK, welders (first class) are on the Migration Occupations In Demand List (MODL) which gives 60 (the maximum) points. http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...s)-4122-15.htm

Here is the other criteria for an independant visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...migration/175/

Providing you can meet all the criteria above and get the required points, you don't need a sponsor. Which would mean that you aren't tied to an employee, a profession or a state if you came. Definitely the best way to go if you can.

Last edited by Wendy; Jan 9th 2009 at 11:47 am.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:35 am
Account Closed

OK, welders (first class) are on the Migration Occupations In Demand List (MODL) which gives 60 (the maximum) points. http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...s)-4122-15.htm

Here is the other criteria for an independant visa: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...migration/175/

Providing you can meet all the criteria above and get the required pints, you don't need a sponsor. Which would mean that you aren't tied to an employee, a profession or a state if you came. Definitely the best way to go if you can.
agreed, that's how I came out 2 years ago
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:40 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you can meet all the criteria above and get the required pints,.... Definitely the best way to go if you can.

I'll drink to that Wendy
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I'll drink to that Wendy

It's half eleven on a Friday night, plus I have a one track mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.