Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wish I'd never bothered................

wish I'd never bothered................

Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:19 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: wish I'd never bothered................

Originally Posted by Pollyana
(and I can't believe I've just been hunting for mattresses in ebay! What is the world coming too!!!)
He's turning everyone into mattress anoraks

How sad is that

Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:33 am
ABCDiamond

I went to bed early, looks like I missed something

I was also wondering which store he tried out the bed himself ?

He obviously didn't like my suggestion to look in Harvey Norman for them, where I tried one out.

Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

LancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the roughLancashireLass is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
OK, I am in no way defending him, as I have been on the end of one of John's "rants" once before, when I was trying to help him out, but - sorry, he isn't a troll! Otherwise I'd have ordered food and stayed around with the rest of you!!
Just read this entire amusing thread but confused by the references to a troll. What is the definition of a troll?

Hope he gets a good nights sleep soon!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by LancashireLass
Just read this entire amusing thread but confused by the references to a troll. What is the definition of a troll?

Definition of troll here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Commonly used when someone uses a false identity to make posts that create confusion or problems for others.

That may not be a perfect description, but it's close in my mind

Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:23 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LancashireLass

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Troll: a troll is a person who makes inflammatory or hostile comments, which by effect or design cause disruptions...
Turns out he isn't a Troll in that sense, but possible in this?
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
...ugly, obnoxious creatures bent on wickedness and mischief
Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:34 am
ABCDiamond

I just found this description which is helpful:

What is a TROLL?
The common Usenet definition: Somebody who is "trolling" (as in fishing) for someone to take the bait. People who take the bait will become engaged in an exchange with the troll while those who recognise a troll in action may simply sit back and "enjoy" the action. Many trolls say they serve to "lighten up" Usenet.
Some trolls profess they promote freedom of speech, tolerance, and variety of discussion.
Others simply believe Usenet is a place of "anarchy" and intend to be "anarchists."

We believe trolls generally fall in one of three categories:
Mischievous:
Humorous intent, not abusive. Could be a "regular" who changes names to play a good-natured prank.
Malicious:
Intending to be disruptive or hurtful. May be somebody who opposes a particular view, belief, or lifestyle and attempts to be disruptive in that group's newsgroup. Could also be someone who's a sociopath, or somebody who's previously had a confrontation in the group.
Mindless:
Often a juvenile who is "having fun" at others' expense. Could also be somebody new to Usenet who believes they're "anonymous" and is role playing Or "having fun."

The last two groups include long-time trolls, some of whom are part of a group or "brotherhood." They might be best likened to online gang members who seek to impress others of the gang or become part of "troll history" or a "troll legend."

The best advice for handling trolls: Ignore them,
Use a filter. Deny them what they seek: provoking others. If they can't find the attention they seek, they'll usually leave to seek better fishing elsewhere.

Old Jun 14th 2005, 4:40 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

just read all this thread, very funny that he didn't bother to come back on. did anyone get that PM?

Maybe the foam in his head can't sleep without the foam on his bed
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man, I read all six pages waiting expectantly for a reply. At least when I throw a pissy-fit I have the decency to carry it on longer than one miserable post. Bastard.