Winter in NSW

Old Apr 5th 2009, 8:50 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter in NSW

We arrived here 2 May 2008 and I spent virtually the first five/six months in hibernation. Some days I almost cried at the cold and I couldn't physically wear any more clothes. I'm cold right now and I'm in a long-sleeved top and jeans; when I was out I had on boots and a scarf.

If you're coming from the UK I'm sure you won't feel quite so bad, but you will need all your UK-winter clothes.

I agree that the houses are just not built for the temperatures we get. I still don't get it.

edit: Ahhh, memories. It took us nearly two weeks to get our air freight (why bother? we had our sea freight in three) and being a bit dense we had only packed an empty duvet cover because it was all we used in Singapore. It was a good job the cats were in quarantine; we used their blankets.

Last edited by Kooky.; Apr 5th 2009 at 8:53 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:33 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Temp dropped in Sydney today. I almost felt chilly in my shirt. I think I have acclimatised as it was 20 today.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

It certainly seemed colder once it got dark.

To OP if you are looking for a rental on arrival do remeber to ask about heating and choose a place with some form of heating.We did not and spent the coldest few months of our lives in a non heated house with damp up the walls.
Yuk!
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:03 am
Just Joined

matrix_matrix will become famous soon enough

Im going to send an email to the hospital then.They are the one looking for our accomodation.It is 6 months free rental.I will emphasize the heating.Thank you everyone.