Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winter clothes in Perth

Winter clothes in Perth

Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter clothes in Perth

We're moving from Singapore where it's hot all yeear round. We go back to the UK regularly so we do have some winter clothes, but I've lost tons of weight so have to get some new ones (tragic).

I've only been to Perth once in winter and it was quite mild.

Would I be likely to wear (1) knee-high boots (2) a 3/4 length winter coat (seen a leather one on ebay I fancy)?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Winter clothes in Perth

Originally Posted by Family of 3 View Post
We're moving from Singapore where it's hot all yeear round. We go back to the UK regularly so we do have some winter clothes, but I've lost tons of weight so have to get some new ones (tragic).

Would I be likely to wear (1) knee-high boots (2) a 3/4 length winter coat (seen a leather one on ebay I fancy)?
Definitely, I wear boots all through winter and a coat. It get very cold.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

You won't need winter clothes for another 9 months now, spring is here and the 25 degree+ days are back from next week!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely to the winter boots. I havent seen to many leather coats here,mainly jackets.If you like it get it and then maybe a lght weight coat for the spring.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d View Post
You won't need winter clothes for another 9 months now, spring is here and the 25 degree+ days are back from next week!
Thanks everyone.

Yes, I know it's nice now. I was just wondering whether to bring it with me or buy it and leave in the UK.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Must be a bit colder in Perth than Geraldton.
Ive got a cupboard full of new boots Ive never worn since I got here 3 years ago.
Also never worn my winter coat either, only thing Ive ever worn is fleece.

Gems
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:18 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems View Post
Must be a bit colder in Perth than Geraldton.
Ive got a cupboard full of new boots Ive never worn since I got here 3 years ago.
Also never worn my winter coat either, only thing Ive ever worn is fleece.

Gems
Send them my way!! The more I assimilate the colder I feel in winter. I actually broke down and bought a wool coat this year. And Thinsulate gloves!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:33 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Bring it all!!!!

I really regret not bringing my many pairs of knee high boots!! GRRR
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice

Depends on how much you feel the cold. Some people feel it more than others. This winter I wore my boots on odd days but by the afternoon I felt a bit overheated but I did wear them for quite a few evenings out. The only coat I wore was a raincoat but only a lightweight one. But it does get quite cold in the mornings and evenings so I would say bring everything especially shoes, good quality ones are expensive here.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:06 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in perth this winter and I thought it was cold I wore my boots the whole time. I forgot my coat as I never wear one in CQ but I managed with jumpers in the day but I'd say you would need a coat if living there especially if your out at night.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

Bring warm clothing.first winter you may be on the beach.After 30 of them winter seems to last 6 months and is freezing.

Now spring is here,paradise, makes it all worthwhile.

geordie downunder
Old Sep 19th 2010, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Yep, another boots and warm jacket person here. Never was a coat person. Friends only ever had warmer jumpers and that worked for them though.

I am missing spring! it's defnintely getting colder here although the weather has surprised me since getting back 6 weeks ago.