Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

And The Winner Is..........

And The Winner Is..........

Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And The Winner Is..........

......Crown...or Gryff...which ever u prefer!

Container arrived this morning at 8.15am...un-packed by three hunks too. I had to check off the numbers as if I was playing bingo...and I asked the hunks which one of them I get if I win!.....all three was their reply...yum....alas one box missing...my 3ft santa...thought he'd be a problem (little did i know how much of a problem!). He had some wood skiis and some twigs. Not paying for him to be sprayed or what ever they do...they are removing all the bark and sending him on...hope they dont rip him to bits too much...even if he did make me lose at bingo!

Everything else arrived ok...just one decanter broken and a picture...so cant complain really.

Hope ur's is not too far behind biggy...i did have an advantage being closer to the port tho.

Below are my pic's to prove stuff arrived....well if I can work out how to attach them they are!

Gryff x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
crown 001.jpg (130.0 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by Gryff; Aug 5th 2004 at 1:06 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:43 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Hmm, only seeing half a container there.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:45 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Ulujain
Hmm, only seeing half a container there.
likewise - maybe you only half won
Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

bugger its a bit big..trying to make it smaller!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

oh no kids home from school...beter go and help them un pack....will try to shrink pic later.....hope half a pic still valid...lol
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

drum roll........

ta da da......one shrunk pic.....i hope!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

whoops!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 11:54 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gryff
bugger its a bit big..trying to make it smaller!
Mmmmmmm....
Old Aug 5th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

ok this is getting embarrasing now...last time...but at least u can see the red van and the blue Aussie sky...so it must be here!
Attached Thumbnails And The Winner Is..........-crown-001.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

ok i give up on pics till i get another pc!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:33 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - That's a small van! I thought you had a mega container

Anyway, congratulations to you & Crown; where is Biggy's????

Do you think your designer promo stuff helped? Do you have any photo's of the 3 hunks in your t-shirts for Nikki to drool over when/if she gets back from her little shopping - sorry, business - trip?

Well Done

ps. your posts are very wide these days!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:38 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arnie2oz
Wow - That's a small van! I thought you had a mega container

Anyway, congratulations to you & Crown; where is Biggy's????

Do you think your designer promo stuff helped? Do you have any photo's of the 3 hunks in your t-shirts for Nikki to drool over when/if she gets back from her little shopping - sorry, business - trip?

Well Done

ps. your posts are very wide these days!!!!

Yeah thats the picture I really want to see...show us the totty!
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:07 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lucyb
Yeah thats the picture I really want to see...show us the totty!
Behave....
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,,

How long did your stuff take to get to Brisbane ? and how long was clearance in customs.
We are using Crown Brisbane too, just wanted to know how you got on with timescales.

Cheers
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Something to bare in mind.

There are problems on the main shipping route at the moment which has been going on for a while but is particularly bad right now.

There is an imbalance of trade between Europe and Far East so the shipping lines offer cheaper rates going that way as they need to get the containers back out to Asia as quickly as possible.

There are very few stops on route to Singapore so the transit is quick as well as cheaper. They tranship the containers onto other feeder vessels that go down to Au / NZ.

Problem is that Singapore has become so congested that lines are suspending the feeder service to Australasia and concentrating on getting their boxes to the Far East where they are needed most.

There is no choice other than to ship on the direct Australasian route which stops off at far more ports en route. Consequently it is slower and more expensive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.