Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wing Chun Kung Fu - Perth

Wing Chun Kung Fu - Perth

Old Feb 24th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Wing Chun Kung Fu - Perth

Hi, i just wondered if anyone had any advice or info to offer on the above. Both my hubby and daugther (7 years) are keen "Wing Chun'ers!", and all being well if we move to Perth would like to continue - i also think it will help with the transition for her and help make new friends.

Sounds silly, and know you cant base a location purely on attending wing chun classes, but it is another factor to take into account when trying to find a suitable place to settle. At the moment SOR is more preferable. Happy to travel 30 mins or so to a class but prefereably not much more.

Anyone know of any classes etc SOR ??

Much appreciated
Old Feb 24th 2011, 9:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wing Chun Kung Fu - Perth

Originally Posted by Lois1
Hi, i just wondered if anyone had any advice or info to offer on the above. Both my hubby and daugther (7 years) are keen "Wing Chun'ers!", and all being well if we move to Perth would like to continue - i also think it will help with the transition for her and help make new friends.

Sounds silly, and know you cant base a location purely on attending wing chun classes, but it is another factor to take into account when trying to find a suitable place to settle. At the moment SOR is more preferable. Happy to travel 30 mins or so to a class but prefereably not much more.

Much appreciated
Google is your friend. http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...05acaac95b6150
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Much appreciated
Martial arts are popular here so you will have no problem finding a place.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Martial arts are popular here but more like the USA in that it is more professional and costs more. I found that in the UK it was easy to get lessons from somebody dirt-cheap who did it as a hobby and was interested in passing on his knowledge in the local hall. For example, my son took judo lessons from a guy with the British flag and Olympic rings on his jacket for £1. I remember him apologising for putting the price up from 50p due to the hall costs going up. The top aikido guy in the country was giving lessons in Cov for £2. 75yo and when he touched you, you flew. Amazing to watch him. Here, it's more professional in that they have specific dojos and it is a full-time job, so you pay more.

Suggest you start a thread about WC in Perth on WP. Here's one on Melbourne http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm?t=1632520&# There's quite a few threads on martial arts so you should get some good answers.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Much appreciated
Not sure about Wing Chun in Perth but Wing Chun is big in Melbourne and home to Si-Fu William Cheung of Bruce Lee and Yip Man fame. William Cheung has a number of schools in Melbourne.

http://www.cheungswingchun.com/g/900...-branches.html

Here's the details for his school in Perth:

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Perth: (Si-Hing Peter Guy, Si-Hing Nathan Davis)
Headquarters:
Unit 4, 156 Beechboro Road South, Bayswater
Telephone:
Si-Fu Peter Guy 0403 130774
Sihing Nathan Davis 0435 054269

Also branches at Gosnells, Waikiki and Mandurah.
[email protected]
www.perthwingchun.com
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Thanks guys for all the info and threads etc. Will get hubby to have a look through them all.

Much appreciated