WINDOW CLEANING

Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

wwoodee22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WINDOW CLEANING

This is to everyone already in Australia : do people have window cleaners?
Commercial or domestic?
Or is there a water shortage that hampers this occupation?

Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:07 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WINDOW CLEANING

There are commercial window cleaners but I have never seen domestic in Brisbane.

Many houses are single storey so I suspect many people clean their own windows. Also, as it doesn't rain regularly there is littl accumalaton of dirt on windows. I reckon I would clean our windows about once a year.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

down under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nicedown under is just really nice

V.I,P do window cleaning
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by wwoodee22
Commercial or domestic?

Thanks
There are window cleaners in my neck of the woods (perth). Domestic.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

yep - I know we have window cleaners as I've seen their cards - never seen one actually clean the windows though. In fact, I've never actually seen anyone clean their windows except me !
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

We had one put a flyer in the postbox - game 'em a ring but they wanted something like $150 to do just the outside of the house.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:02 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Commercial or domestic?

Thanks
there was someone on here once who i believe set up his own window cleaning service
here's a thread
fwiw i do my own, but i used to have a round many years ago as a teenager and have my own ideas on how it should be done
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:25 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

I clean windows as part of the Bond Cleaning I do.. but from what i've seen not many people clean their windows (certainly not in rentals.. in fact from what I've seen, they don't clean anything!!). I'm on SC where there are no water restrictions, so I'm not sure if there's an excuse for not doing it! Does that make sense?

It's been a long day.... of bond cleaning!

Sonic x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:56 am
Just Joined

wwoodee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excuse my ignorance................... what is 'bond' cleaning???

Do you use water fed pole systems or ladders??

In the UK the EU directives have virtually eliminated the use of ladders.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:06 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Excuse my ignorance................... what is 'bond' cleaning???

Do you use water fed pole systems or ladders??

In the UK the EU directives have virtually eliminated the use of ladders.

When you rent a place over here.. you pay a 'bond' to a central organisation, to cover any damage, cleaning etc etc. When you leave the rental.. some people hire 'bond cleaners' to clean their houses after they've moved out to ensure they get their bond back.. The bond is usually 4 weeks rent which is paid up front along with another 2 weeks rent! If you leave the place like a pigsty then the real estate agents hire 'bond cleaners' to clean the property and take it out of your bond.

I usually take the windows out to clean them.. if they're inaccessable from the inside or outside (ie: 2nd floor and above) I don't clean them.. easy peasy!

Sonic
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

dave wood will become famous soon enough

just heard from a friend that his mate in oz has loads of work as a window cleaner coz no one will do it.
good luck!
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:31 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
We had one put a flyer in the postbox - game 'em a ring but they wanted something like $150 to do just the outside of the house.
Was that just for ONE visit???? <shock> We have a window cleaner here in the UK for the outside. He charges £10 to do the whole house and comes once a month.

Gina
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave wood
just heard from a friend that his mate in oz has loads of work as a window cleaner coz no one will do it.
good luck!
i'm not surprised with the size of the houses and all the massive windows they have.
You could make a fortune i reckon if you did it, as no-one enjoys cleaning windows. At 150 to 200 dollars a house, well................
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My friend had hers done today as she is selling and they have home open (lovely house in Connolly btw) this weekend. $180 for inside, out and all flyscreens. Took the bloke 3 hours.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Was that just for ONE visit???? <shock> We have a window cleaner here in the UK for the outside. He charges £10 to do the whole house and comes once a month.

Gina

God, that's expensive My window cleaner chares £4 and even my mum's charges £7 and that includes the conservatory.

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.