Window cleaning

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Default Window cleaning

Hi,im just wondering, well , doing a bit of market research really, about how much people would be prepared to pay for their windows/ fly screens cleaning once a month?
I used to have a window cleaning business in the UK so im seeing if its some thing thats got a chance over here.
Thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:56 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Window cleaning

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi,im just wondering, well , doing a bit of market research really, about how much people would be prepared to pay for their windows/ fly screens cleaning once a month?
I used to have a window cleaning business in the UK so im seeing if its some thing thats got a chance over here.
Thanks
Only if you were good. We've had so many bad window cleaners that it's just not worth it......But hey always looking for a change.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Stitch
Only if you were good. We've had so many bad window cleaners that it's just not worth it......But hey always looking for a change.

Cheers

Ginny
Id say I was pretty good, had a business for 6years by myself, loads of happy customers.. Just wondering if the aussies would pay for that kind of thing on a regular basis
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Id say I was pretty good, had a business for 6years by myself, loads of happy customers.. Just wondering if the aussies would pay for that kind of thing on a regular basis
I would be interested in having the windows cleaned but haven't really got any idea of what I would expect to pay for it here. Are you prepared to deal with all of the hidden nasties hiding in the woodwork around the windows :scared: . Any idea of where you are planning to go? I have noticed that people here seem pretty laid back about how clean their windows are or aren't so not sure whether you would make a living out in the country.
Good luck
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Up here (FNQ) people tend to either clean them themselves because there's no window cleaners or they don't bother and the windows get filthy OR: they use their house cleaners and get the poor sods to clean the interior of the house PLUS the interior of the windows, then the exterior of the windows.

FWIW, I'd pay around $25 a month to have my exterior windows cleaned and another $25 ish to have the screens done every three months.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's true about the bugs.

I had a window cleaner who said he was amazed at the number of redbacks that lurk in the corners of people's dirty windows (on the outside) - he reckoned he got bitten regularly.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:39 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I would quite happily pay someone $50 every 4/6 weeks to clean my windows outside & inside if they would?
I use a jet spray hose to clean mine but its a pain & with having the pool the windows are all splash marked within minutes of cleaning them I'm fighting a losing battle!!

Donna.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
I would quite happily pay someone $50 every 4/6 weeks to clean my windows outside & inside if they would?
I use a jet spray hose to clean mine but its a pain & with having the pool the windows are all splash marked within minutes of cleaning them I'm fighting a losing battle!!

Donna.
Donna, your pool must be pretty close to the house windows to be making 'splash marks'?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:15 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Donna, your pool must be pretty close to the house windows to be making 'splash marks'?

Yes it is!,We have glass door windows in our bedroom which open up so you can just get up out of bed & jump into the pool
Same again with our Laundry room combined ensuite & our dinning room has large bay windows.
You have to walk up 4 steps to get to the pool,kinda hard to explain,will see if i have any pictures to show you what i mean

Donna.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:18 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

I would
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by madsad
Yes it is!,We have glass door windows in our bedroom which open up so you can just get up out of bed & jump into the pool
Same again with our Laundry room combined ensuite & our dinning room has large bay windows.
You have to walk up 4 steps to get to the pool,kinda hard to explain,will see if i have any pictures to show you what i mean

Donna.

Only one i could find,you can just see the edge of the stairs.

Donna.
Attached Thumbnails Window cleaning-pic_0004.jpg